Home Office Woes

"An official at the Home Office has volunteered evidence in the last 48 hours which warrants disciplinary investigation," he said without elaborating. "This official has been suspended pending further inquiry."
Link

I can see why they felt to suspend him for divulging confidential information (so the story says) but boy, added to the crap we see about the lack of HO procedure and commonsense, for someone to feel so pressured to go to the media, I can only imagine what more they know about its failings. Dr Reid, I hear a guillotine sharping. I guess the information this official had released was regarding the number of convicted people who are now known have been working with children/vunerable adults or involved in further crime.
Four drugs offenders and a people smuggler have so far been confirmed as having passed Criminal Records Bureau checks to work with children and vulnerable adults - but apparently no violent or sexual offenders were given a clean bill of health.

There were claims today that two of the men convicted of serious offences in Europe went on to kill here - although the Home Office insisted police knew of their background and it would have made no difference to the way they were dealt with

Its only a matter of time bffore one of these people re-offends in the worst possible manner so fair play to the person who leaked this if thats what happened

Sven - he/she has been suspended after volunteering info that warrants an investigation.

Let us hear the facts before saying anything else, or is that the way you do things in the LibDems.

'which warrants disciplinary investigation' is a catch all phrase which actually means virtually nothing. The facts remain as before: ACPO wrote to McNulty who passed the letter on to his junior who acknowledeged receipt. Nothing happened to deal with the reported problem. So, was the 'official' instructed to deal with the problem - if so in what way?

There's a whole raft of other factors here, but of course Reid will not provide comment whilst the 'internal investigation' proceeds. Is it too cynical to think that this is a means of burying the whole farce? Time and again this Government has launched Inquiries in order to cover up, even to dictating the terms of such Inquiries in order to severely limit their scope.

You can bet that they'll want to do their own investigating, rather than allow any outsider to stick his/her nose in.

Latest Threads