Home office to monitour web

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tropper66, Apr 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't you think it strang that this site goe's t**up on the day Jackie Smith anounces that they are going to monitour web sites

2. Not just me having problems today then.

New scheme (which won't monitor content, oh no,heaven forbid) will cost an estimated £2Bn. And we all know about the government's record on predicting IT spending)

Credit crunch, budget overspend, austerity measures, cash flow problems - where? Not in Spliffy's little world. Is this just a way to keep checking on hubbie's internet interests now the Sky channels are out of bounds?

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Tin foil hat on. :D It is creakingly sloooow today, around 15/20 seconds to load a page, how the hell am I supposed to get any work done with those times ;)

4. it is an important part in the fight against global terror and bound to work faultlessly with Smith in charge and is of course a good use of public funds...

i am just off to beat my head against the wall as i have obviously been influenced by Ashie

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

no content checking? so there wont be much fun to be had in saying JIHAD then or DEATH TO ALL NON BELIEVERS or Al Quaida and interspesing them JIHAD in various sentences.

6. On the plus side those unravelling breasts on your sig block are giving longer linger time.....

7. Are those breasts what attracted Ashie once the Sky option was closed?

Someone should check the dates?

8. From the moment I started this thread Iv'e been unable to get back, am I paranoyed

9. I don't understand what they're trying to achieve by monitoring tinternet. Are they going to just track people who've got criminal convicitions, or are they going to watch who visits naughty sites?

10. :? :? I don't appear to have the same difficulty with slow internet speed. The tits pop up like a proper bouncy pair Twin Peaks of Refreshment and old Tiddles looks like he's running a marathon.

11. Keeps crashing on me to. Or saying page unavailable.

However, I think that as these Muppets can't look after themselves, what fecking chance have they got of doing anything remotely usefull with the info from the World Wide Web.

Bumbling agent lost ‘crown jewels’ of drugs war
    The panic spread fast when an undercover British officer mislaid key secrets in a Colombian airport [Full Story Sunday Times]

Maybe they should start by monitoring things a bit closer to home....!

12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Well as we all know, the key to knowing what's going on in the world; is looking out for all those posts that say "the bomb is in the gerbil" or some such nonsense.

Methinks that all of those with something to hide will be a lot more discreet in their use of language, and a lot more savvy in terms of using mirror sites etc.

Paranoid? Moi?

This is just a way of being seen to do "something" when in fact you're doing "nothing" - apart from getting businesses to spend money that they (a) don't have, (b) don't want to spend and which in addition will not be monitored by the security services because like everyone else in the public sector they're having their budgets/staff cut.

And yes I'm having probs getting into my arrse today.

edited to add that you can blame the construction of the last sentence on (a) no food;
    (b) giving blood:
    (c) four (4) pints of SA Brains Reverend James for breakfast at 1500.

13. A population that lives in Fear is a population that is easily controlled. And even if you never ever done anything wrong, the thought of even being perceived to be guilty is often enough to help maintain that level of Fear.

As has been said on another Thread by another Poster,

'You can only apply the law to those that wish to abide by it'

14. I used to think that you only needed to be worried if you had something to hide.

Now it seems that there is not a single aspect of my life that is not being watched by the State. It sounds just like the Soviet Union transported to the 21st Century. It goes against all we (the 'civilised' West) have stood against since the rise of Communism and the Soviet Union.

I tell you, Khrushchev were still in power then Gordon Brown would be inviting him over for dinner and a chat about joining forces...

15. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

If that were true, the prisons would be empty.