Home office to monitour web

Don't you think it strang that this site goe's t**up on the day Jackie Smith anounces that they are going to monitour web sites

Not just me having problems today then.

New scheme (which won't monitor content, oh no,heaven forbid) will cost an estimated £2Bn. And we all know about the government's record on predicting IT spending)

Credit crunch, budget overspend, austerity measures, cash flow problems - where? Not in Spliffy's little world. Is this just a way to keep checking on hubbie's internet interests now the Sky channels are out of bounds?

Herrumph said:

New scheme (which won't monitor content, oh no,heaven forbid) will cost an estimated £2Bn. And we all know about the government's record on predicting IT spending)

Credit crunch, budget overspend, austerity measures, cash flow problems - where? Not in Spliffy's little world. Is this just a way to keep checking on hubbie's internet interests now the Sky channels are out of bounds?
Tin foil hat on. :D It is creakingly sloooow today, around 15/20 seconds to load a page, how the hell am I supposed to get any work done with those times ;)

it is an important part in the fight against global terror and bound to work faultlessly with Smith in charge and is of course a good use of public funds...

i am just off to beat my head against the wall as i have obviously been influenced by Ashie

Ord_Sgt said:
Herrumph said:

Tin foil hat on. :D It is creakingly sloooow today, around 15/20 seconds to load a page, how the hell am I supposed to get any work done with those times ;)
On the plus side those unravelling breasts on your sig block are giving longer linger time.....

Are those breasts what attracted Ashie once the Sky option was closed?

Someone should check the dates?

From the moment I started this thread Iv'e been unable to get back, am I paranoyed

On the plus side those unravelling breasts on your sig block are giving longer linger time.....

:? :? I don't appear to have the same difficulty with slow internet speed. The tits pop up like a proper bouncy pair Twin Peaks of Refreshment and old Tiddles looks like he's running a marathon.

tropper66 said:
Don't you think it strang that this site goe's t**up on the day Jackie Smith anounces that they are going to monitour web sites
Keeps crashing on me to. Or saying page unavailable.

However, I think that as these Muppets can't look after themselves, what fecking chance have they got of doing anything remotely usefull with the info from the World Wide Web.

Bumbling agent lost ‘crown jewels’ of drugs war
The panic spread fast when an undercover British officer mislaid key secrets in a Colombian airport [Full Story Sunday Times]

Maybe they should start by monitoring things a bit closer to home....!

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Well as we all know, the key to knowing what's going on in the world; is looking out for all those posts that say "the bomb is in the gerbil" or some such nonsense.

Methinks that all of those with something to hide will be a lot more discreet in their use of language, and a lot more savvy in terms of using mirror sites etc.

Paranoid? Moi?

This is just a way of being seen to do "something" when in fact you're doing "nothing" - apart from getting businesses to spend money that they (a) don't have, (b) don't want to spend and which in addition will not be monitored by the security services because like everyone else in the public sector they're having their budgets/staff cut.

And yes I'm having probs getting into my arrse today.

edited to add that you can blame the construction of the last sentence on (a) no food;
(b) giving blood:
(c) four (4) pints of SA Brains Reverend James for breakfast at 1500.

A population that lives in Fear is a population that is easily controlled. And even if you never ever done anything wrong, the thought of even being perceived to be guilty is often enough to help maintain that level of Fear.

As has been said on another Thread by another Poster,

'You can only apply the law to those that wish to abide by it'

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I used to think that you only needed to be worried if you had something to hide.

Now it seems that there is not a single aspect of my life that is not being watched by the State. It sounds just like the Soviet Union transported to the 21st Century. It goes against all we (the 'civilised' West) have stood against since the rise of Communism and the Soviet Union.

I tell you, Khrushchev were still in power then Gordon Brown would be inviting him over for dinner and a chat about joining forces...

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
heard_it_all_before said:
If that were true, the prisons would be empty.

Mr_Fingerz said:
heard_it_all_before said:
If that were true, the prisons would be empty.
Those that are in Prison chose to abide by the law on a part-time basis. They had houses, collected Giro's and paid bills. Those that live outside the law are the Pikeys that live in stolen caravan's and run businesses without paying a penny in Tax or making any single contribution to the country as a whole. How many Pikey sites have you ever seen being busted..?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Enough.

I take it that you have some kind of animus against the "travelling community".

The biggest tax avoiders are not those who annoy you by conning little old ladies out of their savings for a drive or roof repair - no matter how galling that is, it's the biggest businesses that arrange their tax affairs in such a way that they pay no tax anywhere. And that is entirely legal.

Prisoners - at least those who are part of Serious and Organised Crime, don't claim to be part of our society. Additionally, they take most from it. But they're not the "Pikeys" that you refer to.

They still fill the cells though.

Corruption starts at the top.

The thing with Big Business not paying taxes is that they pay clever people to work out how to avoid paying taxes by simply using the laws that the feck-wits in parliment have created on knee-jerk whims in reaction to something else.

Just like the knee-jerk whim of monitoring emails will prove to be totaly fruitless when used to try to catch terrorists. As terrorists now know the emails, texts and social network sites are supposedly being monitored by the securit services, they'll just find another way to communicate, which in turn will lead to many more Billions of pounds being wasted on further fruitless projects.

Lets face it, with the state of the Free and Democratic world at present, minus the body count, it's quite clear that OBL has pretty much got what he wants as the worlds Governments are doing most of his oppression for him.

JWRRC318 said:
I don't understand what they're trying to achieve by monitoring tinternet. Are they going to just track people who've got criminal convicitions, or are they going to watch who visits naughty sites?

The government are doing what this government always wish to do: micro-manage every part of our life, so that eventually the very idea of voting against them will be unthinkable. Thoughtcrime anyone?

Latest Threads