Home Office staff to strike

You may find out that some of the staff didn't have valid passports and VISA's so didn't want to attend..

What's missing from the Beeb report is the figure they put up yesterday, which said that 16000 were balloted. So doing the percentages, that means about 1800 PCS types are going to cause merry chaos while half the world descends on the UK and half of us try to escape.

Having said all that about 1800 causing chaos, I suppose there's only 650 MPs.........

I would rather that they didn't make the country look like it's mostly populated by self-interested jerks...oh, wait a minute.

PS I don't see that this will convince anybody of their case.

What's missing from the Beeb report is the figure they put up yesterday, which said that 16000 were balloted. So doing the percentages, that means about 1800 PCS types are going to cause merry chaos while half the world descends on the UK and half of us try to escape.

Having said all that about 1800 causing chaos, I suppose there's only 650 MPs.........
Well that's the next round of redundancy list sorted then.

The government can't be seen to cave in to these retards who seek to cause national embarrassment. Crucify them.
Come on leave the RAF Olympic Contingent out of this.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
There is no money to pay for the previously agreed Ts & Cs. I'll say that again, as it's clearly not being understood in certain quarters. THERE IS NO MONEY. The previous government spunked it all. So the Ts & Cs CANNOT be maintained. The population elected Labour ne'er do wells three times in succession. Between Blair and Brown (including the latter's time in no 11), they systematically drained the UK of wealth, and most unforgivably, the means to generate it.

That's what's wrong. Oh, and the small issue of the union ********* trying to extort the country by means of national embarrassment.
No money? How do you draw that conclusion, seems to be plenty to chuck around. Don't be fooled there is money, they'll print lots of it.

Call me foolish but when I'm short I don't spend more and I don't spend on what I can't afford.
OK foolish your doing it wrong.....live like a singlie and have a millionaires weekend at the start of every month on 5DM alley...thats why Burgerhunts were invented to spend what you can't afford.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
OK foolish your doing it wrong.....live like a singlie and have a millionaires weekend at the start of every month on 5DM alley...thats why Burgerhunts were invented to spend what you can't afford.
What was I thinking of its not like I'm an MP with loads of shares in G4S.

The govt seem to be printing plenty and funding a big sporting event. Call me foolish but when I'm short I don't spend more and I don't spend on what I can't afford.
That's fair and true. Sadly the government hasn't turned around and said "Sorry mate, Can't come out tonight. Next time".

I think a few public services are going to find themselves on the receiving end of what happened in 1919 when the police went on strike: people sacked, new ones recruited on new T&C's which forbade the withdraw of servicse. From a Govt persepctive, problem solved.

It doesn't affect wider issues of a living wage or so forth, but it makes a problem go away. If you have concluded that they are unlikely to vote for you anyway, you can just do it and ignore any negative fall-out anyway.

If they draw the effective conclusion "people will always be trying to join/work", why worry about loosing some? You can replace them, and getting rid of a few to quieten more may even help.

Not saying it is right.

Latest Threads