Home office Napier Barracks Court ruling

I think that there are some important points that are being missed here.

First of all, I certainly don't agree with the judges, however, there are some issues that I think are being missed whilst everyone is on the outrage bus.

I'll leave alone the fact that the place is a little run down. It's certainly no worse than the mess I'm currently in. Rat infested and in dire need of modernisation.

When we all join up, we all get indoctrinated into the rules of communal living. The washing, the cleaning all that stuff. None of these people have had either that training nor the discipline to be able to live like this.

There is also the cultural issues here. This, I have some experience in. In the late 80's, I was back on a long course at RAF Cosford. Part way through, we had to move blocks, from the wooden huts (20 man rooms) in B lines into, joy of joys, a brick built block (wish I could think of the name), Still 20 man rooms, but at least it had heating that worked!

What no one told us is that it had just been vacated by the Omani's who had finished their course and had gone back to the ME.

The place was filthy, I mean really, really filthy. We had bull nights every night for two weeks just to start to get it back up to standard.

Now, if the Omani AF could do that to a block, and they were supposed to be able to live together, what chance people that have no interest in looking after where they are living? They don't want to be there, they want better accommodation and they will do anything to make sure that the place is unliveable.

Short of subjecting them to military style block inspections etc, this was always doomed to failure, as it was implemented. They have all come to the land of milk and honey, haven't they? Surely they deserve better accommodation! You know, a nice flat, looking over the Thames, all for free, with enough room to bring over the entire extended family! :)

I'm not sure that I have any better answers to all of this. To my mind, it was warm and safe. It was a roof over their heads and the only danger that they were in is probably from each other.

Was there a Covid risk? Probably. No worse than many of us in communal living have had to endure. Remember though, we are all volunteers and don't have the rights that these guys and girls have. Rightly or wrongly.

I promise, they would have a fit if they saw the conditions that I'm in, but then, there is nothing that I can do about it apart from hurry up and wait for the rats to die of old age!

Maybe my old accommodation at RAF Benbecula is still available? Perhaps moving everyone out to the islands whilst cases are determined?

Perhaps the very first thing is to sort out the issues of the illegal channel crossings! That would help massively and maybe cut the numbers at source.

Might have not been fit for accommodation of our troops but they are supposedly refugees fleeing from danger to a safe place, they should in *theory* be glad of anything.

I think that there are some important points that are being missed here.

First of all, I certainly don't agree with the judges, however, there are some issues that I think are being missed whilst everyone is on the outrage bus.

I'll leave alone the fact that the place is a little run down. It's certainly no worse than the mess I'm currently in. Rat infested and in dire need of modernisation.

When we all join up, we all get indoctrinated into the rules of communal living. The washing, the cleaning all that stuff. None of these people have had either that training nor the discipline to be able to live like this.

There is also the cultural issues here. This, I have some experience in. In the late 80's, I was back on a long course at RAF Cosford. Part way through, we had to move blocks, from the wooden huts (20 man rooms) in B lines into, joy of joys, a brick built block (wish I could think of the name), Still 20 man rooms, but at least it had heating that worked!

What no one told us is that it had just been vacated by the Omani's who had finished their course and had gone back to the ME.

The place was filthy, I mean really, really filthy. We had bull nights every night for two weeks just to start to get it back up to standard.

Now, if the Omani AF could do that to a block, and they were supposed to be able to live together, what chance people that have no interest in looking after where they are living? They don't want to be there, they want better accommodation and they will do anything to make sure that the place is unliveable.

Short of subjecting them to military style block inspections etc, this was always doomed to failure, as it was implemented. They have all come to the land of milk and honey, haven't they? Surely they deserve better accommodation! You know, a nice flat, looking over the Thames, all for free, with enough room to bring over the entire extended family! :)

I'm not sure that I have any better answers to all of this. To my mind, it was warm and safe. It was a roof over their heads and the only danger that they were in is probably from each other.

Was there a Covid risk? Probably. No worse than many of us in communal living have had to endure. Remember though, we are all volunteers and don't have the rights that these guys and girls have. Rightly or wrongly.

I promise, they would have a fit if they saw the conditions that I'm in, but then, there is nothing that I can do about it apart from hurry up and wait for the rats to die of old age!

Maybe my old accommodation at RAF Benbecula is still available? Perhaps moving everyone out to the islands whilst cases are determined?

Perhaps the very first thing is to sort out the issues of the illegal channel crossings! That would help massively and maybe cut the numbers at source.
I have the perfect solution. The rooms are secure, have central heating, are clean, rat free and you get your own room.

yarls-wood.jpg
3000.jpg

Troy

LE
[snip]

[snip]

Have you tried doing anything about the rats? Rat traps perhaps?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Just how many of the feckers are we allowing in?

You know that £4billion over seas aid that was cut, well here’s an idea spend it on some bloody big boats, patrol our waters and turn them back towards France as the last time I checked it’s quite a nice country, after all thousands of us Brits go there on holiday each year so it can’t be all bad!

We‘ll sink at this rate.

Just how many of the feckers are we allowing in?

You know that £4billion over seas aid that was cut, well here’s an idea spend it on some bloody big boats, patrol our waters and turn them back towards France as the last time I checked it’s quite a nice country, after all thousands of us Brits go there on holiday each year so it can’t be all bad!

We‘ll sink at this rate.
Triggered.

Latest Threads