Home James by 2014 - Afghan pull out date set

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Semper_Flexibilis, Jul 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. and back again in 70ish years if history is anything to go by...
  2. Game over, man, game over!
  3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

And an utterly brainless announcement!
  4. Surely it's in line with the whole "change" and "sorting out Labour's mess" agenda of the coalition gvt and thus makes short term political sense (which is what concerns most ministers IMHO)
  5. "By 2014" isn't necessarily the same as "in 2014", is it? I've a tenner bet that the bulk of UK forces will be home within 18 months, maximum, purely on cost grounds. Reading between the lines, I suspect Karzai is being leaned on and money will change hands to allow Nato to withdraw having "succeeded" in their goal. 3 months later the place will go to ratshit again, but we'll be out of it.
  6. Hmmmmm KBR, Supreme etc seem to think they will be supporting the British army quite sometime after 2014 in Afghanistan. I wouldnt get your hopes up to soon, call me cynical but there has to be an election by May 6th 2014, bit of a vote earner to say the British army will withdraw about that time.

7. Yup, we've said we need to up the strength of the ANA by 2014 to deal with the Taliban - Translation: Taliban will still be a credible threat in 2014 and we're just accepting the inevitable and getting out of Dodge on the first available stagecoach.
  8. Sly as a box of monkeys them politically incorrect politicians.
  9. The election must be held by 11 June 2015, the two parties which make up the current government said the election will be held on 7 May 2015.