Home Invasion - Excellent Result

The Melbourne Age newspaper today:

Suspect questioned over fatal burglary
Email Print Normal font Large font By Selma Milovanovic
November 3, 2005 - 3:15PM

A suspected burglar is being questioned by homicide squad detectives after he was injured and his alleged accomplice killed when they broke into a Noble Park unit yesterday.

The man, in his 20s, was this afternoon taken to the homicide squad headquarters in St Kilda Road by detectives from the Dandenong hospital.

The man and an accomplice, wielding a samurai sword and a gun, forced their way into a unit in Arnold Street, Noble Park and attacked a man and woman about 12.30am yesterday.

The alleged accomplice was killed when the male resident, Johnny, freed himself and disarmed the samurai sword-wielding attacker. He then fatally slashed the man with the samurai sword as his partner Brooke fled to a neighbour's house.

Johnny is then believed to have chased the second offender down the street, injuring him in the arm and leg.

The man covered his face with a pillowcase as he was pushed in a wheelchair to a police car by a nurse. His left leg was in plaster and he was wearing a blue and white hospital gown.

He will be questioned this afternoon.

Police yesterday said they had no intention yet of laying charges against Johnny, as they believed he was "acting in self defence". Lawyers said Johnny could be charged with murder only if it was established he had used "excessive force".

This morning, Johnny briefly returned to the unit, then sped away in a car as media arrived. Professional cleaners remained at the house today.
If the home owner in this case isn't congratulated and given the key to the city then there will be up-roar.

I can see the liberal brigade now ... the poor lickle burgler wasn't given a chance in life .. the mean house owner should be shot/hung/gassed for being so voilent to him ......

Oh I was wrong that would be this country :p

No, there will be a small group of patsy, left wing, pinko, tree hugging ferals who no doubt will be up in arms at the treatment of this hard done by chav. Actually our man might be in a spot of bother, not for killing the first one on his property but for chasing the second one down the street and delivering some good news with the same sword. Legally once you are off your property the self defense thing deminishes. We shall see.

Much easier to handle the offenders with my 12 ga. Mossberg... ;)

I listened to the G. Gordon Liddy show on the radio some years ago, he once said, "If you ever have to shoot someone in self defense, make sure you kill him, that way the police only hear one story..." :)

Latest Threads