Home information packs

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Aug 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Currently in for 4 bedroom houses and as of 10th September 3 bedroom houses fall into the bracket too.

If you are planning on selling your house in the next couple of months, I suggest you instruct an estate agent now in order to avoid spending an extra few hundred quid.

4 Bedroom houses at a push and a small amount of p1ss take can be marketted as 3 bed with a study.... but only for another couple of weeks.

If anyone is looking for a reputable company to provide a discounted Home information pack drop me a PM.
  2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Hello Mister Minister_Doh_Nut,

I am representative of senior managers of Nigeria Home Information Pack International plc and will be pleasured in help you in this matter.

Yours sincerity,

Abdullah K'Moshun
  3. Am i the only person who think's that sellers should take some of the cost burden when selling a house.?

Last time i moved it cost a fortune as the first one fell though with moi ( the buyer ) being out of pocket..

mong edit..
  4. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

In serious mode, I agree that there is some benefit in HIPs ... it's like having a Full Service Record when selling a car. Additionally, as you discovered, if the sale falls through the potential buyer ends up out of pocket. And, of course, it hits those who put their house on the market and then change their minds after a buyer has gone to personal expense.

It seems from what I read that the Government managed [as usual] to make it over-complicated and padded to death with "issues", as well as going off at half-cock.

Assuming you can actually rely on what's published, the concept seemed sound ... like postal voting :roll:
  5. 3 Bedroom houses become liable for Home information packs as of tomorrow.

I'm involved in a Company relating to Hips and have been reading about a number of people who avoided Hips for the 4 bedroom properties by selling them as 3 bed and a study....... excellent way of avoiding £300 but sadly it rendered their buildings insurance invalid..... nice.
  6. msr

msr LE

They are con, pure and simple.

Just another tax: who really wants to know the heating bills of a house before they buy it? 12 photos of the inside of your house (including boiler and attic) which costs £8 to send to the government!

Sell privately and you don't have to bother with this NuLabia tax.

7. Sensible people? People working on a budget? No one else checks the servicabilty of a boiler etc, a Survey is usually just a valuation.

A home is probably the biggest purchase you'll make, with an average spend of £180,000 is £300 really going to make a difference. Especialy if that determines that you needn't spend £600 on a boiler, because the vendor wasn't honest about the servicabilty etc?

I've been buying and selling houses for a number of years and I welcome it. I imagine most estate agents will begin to build in the cost with their fees.

Also I'm not sure how long buying privately will make a difference, its only time before the conveyancer ask for details on the Hips pack in order to satisfy terms laid out in the purchasers mortgage offer
  8. msr

msr LE

It's government sponsored spying and just another tax.

How long does it take to complete this HIP?

How much training do you have to have?

9. I don't think many people would query the value of a HIP, I think what is getting up peoples noses is the Gumnt taking a cut, yet another stealth tax.
  10. While Ive got you with your sensible head on M_D_N Im in full agreement even though Im not on the housing ladder yet with only 2 years left in the Army (panicing a bit now). I think its a great idea about the seller having to do ground work and show the history of the property. My question to you is
    Do you think HIPS will stop a lot of the property developers ( from auction )buying all the homes up which seems to of upped the house prices for first time buyers over the years. :?
    or will the extra cost just come back onto the buyer.
  11. Thats not the only reason first tiem buyers struggle to get on the market.

It won't deter developers (I don't think) £300 isn't going to put a seller off, he will just add it to the price of the house.

It won't put people off selling either, a Hips pack from a reputable company can come with a deferred payment option.
  12. Anyone wanting to set up their own HIPs pack prior to instructing an agent, I know a handsome man who can organise a healthy forces discount.

PM for details.