Home Information packs gone

I've just done one too - fortunately I'll be claiming it back!

Well the RICS told the government at the time, that HIPS were a wasted effort. But what would the RICS know about buildings anyway, so the government ploughed on.

Still need to get an Energy Performance Certificate before you market the property but at least all the hopeless HIPS stuff has gone.

the energy performance certificate is a joke

Cavity walls yes/no
roof insulation yes/no
Number of Windows - are they double glazed
Light Bulbs WTF!!! Fu(KING LIGHT BULBS - hold on a min let me stick a few sh1tty energy efficient ones in so i get top marks, and then change all the light fittings when your gone....

ramble, groan, moan.......

Excellent move....complete piece of New Labour boll#x - "if it exists legislate about it".

Association of Home Information Pack Providers are "disapponited" - shame, get a proper productive job

Odo

Wonder if Labollox will compensate those who forked out to be HIPS certifyers? - 'a new career opportunity' :roll:

If they want new legislation, borrow a couple of examples from the Belgies. #1. Once sale agreed - the handshake - sale final, no gazumping or gazundering. #2 Criminal offence to issue a cheque your account can't meet :omg:

No.9

No.9 said:
Wonder if Labollox will compensate those who forked out to be HIPS certifyers? - 'a new career opportunity' :roll:

If they want new legislation, borrow a couple of examples from the Belgies. #1. Once sale agreed - the handshake - sale final, no gazumping or gazundering. #2 Criminal offence to issue a cheque your account can't meet :omg:

No.9
Like Scotland apart from the cheque bit

A bloke who used to be a sales rep for a company I dealt with, married a girl from his sales office, and they went off to run their own company doing HIP packs.

I did a job at their house a couple of years ago. Nice gaff, next to a stream with it's own water wheel thingy in the countryside. I thought at the time that their line of work was money for old rope.
Especially as he was being a bit smug about it at the time.

Oh well, they're shit of luck now, aren't they? :twisted:

johnboyzzz - "Like Scotland apart from the cheque bit"

Yeah but in Scotland if someone gives you a cheque you tie them up while you run round to their bank to present it :roll: :D

Can't see the point myself as they are usually overprinted 'Not valid for amounts over 50p' :omg: like my wife's cheque book.

No.9

Yep - another shite labour idea shit-canned in short order...

Dunno about you chaps but i'm liking this Con-Lib coalition so far... they might actually do what they say, and do stuff for the benefit of the people... it shouldn't feel odd saying that but it does. They've got a long way to go to restore my faith in politics but they seem to be on a decent track.

No.9 said:
johnboyzzz - "Like Scotland apart from the cheque bit"

Yeah but in Scotland if someone gives you a cheque you tie them up while you run round to their bank to present it :roll: :D

Can't see the point myself as they are usually overprinted 'Not valid for amounts over 50p' :omg: like my wife's cheque book.

No.9
What's a cheque :? Giro is much better :p

The whole house selling system needs overhauled in England and Wales

Stand by for the normal Party apologists to appear, bleating about the poor workers who have lost their jobs because of this nasty Tory change.

I am hoping that the CSCS scheme is next.....I have a Diploma in Construction safety.....but you can't get a job without CSCS.......its like being a Doctor, but not being able to get a job because you havent got a first aid certificate....Liarbour fools!!

Herrumph said:
Stand by for the normal Party apologists to appear, bleating about the poor workers who have lost their jobs because of this nasty Tory change.
my bold: I suspect they'll be many Estate Agents & Co either sighing or left fuming in ref to HIPS,

Although certificates will still be required insome areas already mentioned this was yet another rip-off invention binned due to incompetence of NL.

Herrumph said:
I started the trg for HIPS the govt kept on changing the goal posts...gave it up & got a refund

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No.9 said:

No.9
A large number of HIP / EPC providers are actually ex forces. The courses were offered as part of the resettlement process and one of the companies (Energico) even markets itself as being made up entirely of ex forces (a statement which is actually untrue).

I used my resettlement to become a certified EPC provider and worked for Energico for a short while and then went freelance. I made a fair chunk of wedge before the property market crash at the beginning of 2008 and then gave it all up because it was a load of shite and I couldn't stand driving 300 miles a day.

I feel for all the ex forces peeps who are now fcuked career wise as a result.

And yes energy efficient lightbulbs are part of EPC but only make a very minor impact on the overall rating, the big factors are building age and type of construction, along with the type of heating system.

Edited to add: Energico have now changed their website and are no longer claiming to be staffed by ex forces before people start firing up the outrage luxury tour coach or whatever it is these days.

They were complete bollocks from start to finish. The one we were provided was worth less than the paper it was written on and out of date - it didn't even list whether the walls were cavity insulated, and the ONLY pieces of advice it gave were to get a new boiler (no sh*t Sherlock, the current one was 40 years old) and to get a £5,000 solar doohicky to get the top 'EPC' rating, methinks we have more on our minds than spending £5,000 to be green and save £50 a year on electric! We still had to get all of the usual surveys done on top, at our expense, including ones covered by the out-of-date HIP.

Chocolate teapot.