Home Guard service to be resurrected

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by semper, Feb 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. do you think it time for another form of Home Service Force ?
    add your thoughts, you never know the Powers above may be reading this and possibly act on it.

2. Why do we need a home guard? Just use the TA anyway, would be better than doing 'maintenance' on a drill night.

3. You've been looking at the Police helicopter again haven't you?

4. don't wish to become cynical but would that not give HMG the more of a cause to deploy the TA in non-home defence style operations ?

5. Good god no! Its bad enough we've got community support officers & camden/southwark etc wardens ,holborn rangers etc....
    The last thing we need is a HG, it would be brimming with walts who would think they were in the 'army', rant over. :twisted:

6. <Brian on the cross voice>

More? How could there possibly be more?

7. i'm sure glorious leader will 'volunteer' HM forces for another conflict, i think he's behind his schedule, needs votes therefore popular war = election victory

8. oh I'm pretty sure they could come up with something

9. Will never happen - it would require the govt to trust people with ... wait for it ... rifles! You know those things you can't be trusted to use unless you're in the police or army, when magically you stop being a potential homicidal maniac.

Although it might be nice come pub kicking out time to have some guys in helmets & DPM with some vintage firepower forming a line & fixing bayonets to disperse the chavs :lol:

10. "No 1 rifleman, chav in fake burberry, 3 rounds rapid - FIRE!" :D

11. That would describe nearly all of them

12. :lol: you never know ! they might actually be recording everything we do !

13. Two types of HG:

TA.

The rest of them are Chavs, Drunks, Skinheads and Pushers.

Who would you rather have?

Or are they the same thing? :p

CH

14. "Even as it stands, the Home Guard could only exist in a country where men feel themselves free. The totalitarian states can do great things, but there is one thing they cannot do: they cannot give the factory-worker a rifle and tell him to take it home and keep it in his bedroom. THAT RIFLE HANGING ON THE WALL OF THE WORKING-CLASS FLAT OR LABOURER'S COTTAGE, IS THE SYMBOL OF DEMOCRACY. IT IS OUR JOB TO SEE THAT IT STAYS THERE."

George Orwell

http://www.orwelltoday.com/readerriflequote.shtml

15. I meant flying pig :roll: