Home for injured soldiers opens 17 Aug 09

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hackle, Aug 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Home for injured soldiers opens - full article from BBC Scotland

more from:

Help for Heroes
  2. About bl**dy time.

Also the National trust should supply a couple of places for forces use without even being asked.

Edited for swine flu induced poor spelling.
  3. Hope there is not much use for them but i doubt it.

The gubment should have supplied these years ago.
  4. A long time coming but nevertheless a wonderful facility. Let's hope we can get similar facilities all round the country as quickly as possible.
  5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I was suprised to see a medical rehab unit run by a bleep major and a gym with a couple of bikes and tread mills in it.

Nice to see someone is making a few bob by having a pay as you drink, drinks machine available. Or did they just show the outside areas.
  6. Not a moment too soon. It is reported as a partnership, but who was the key driver and main funder for this ??
  7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Is it part of H4H launch pad for life initiative? SEE AT BOTTOM. You can bet your life that there is little Public money going into it.
  8. They had one of these in Edin. during WW1, it was a looney bin for Ocifers, Craiglockhart I believe. :?: :?:
  9. While I welcome this it is still too little and far far too late.
  10. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

One wonders (rhetorically), why this is a single service facility - since all medical care is now joint, it would seem to make more sense to have facilities available to all service personnel, even though the majority of operational cas are army.
  11. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

From todays piece on the news I'd say because it's to small.
  12. Isn't it just a bit shocking that a charity had to fork out to make this happen?
  13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Saw it on the news, great news. Had to chukle though at the first lad interviewed who was obviously over awed by the camera. He drilled into the ground at about 85Mph during a sport parachute jump after his main failed and his secondry partially failed. wonder if he does the lottery.
  14. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Double Tap
  15. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

My thoughts but you will notice that the Rt Oon (I cannot sound my H's) Cnut will be all over it like a rash along with his, "The public must do more to respect our troops" speech.