"Home Commitment" - and living at home....

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Trossachs, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Yes, I lived at home

2. No, I lived in military accommodation

3. No, I had to find civvy accommodation near the job

0 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm involved in a bit of a debate on "Home Commitment" - How many people out there on HC are actually able to do the job from their normal home ?
  2. I had a HC post at PJHQ and was given food and accommodation there. They certainly wouldn't of had me travelling 100 miles each way. The HC part of the deal is that you are only employed in the UK (the Homeland - not your f*****g house).

It seems like you have probably fallen foul of some buffoon administrator who doesn't like the TA doing regulars' work. Perhaps I'm being too harsh and should give him the benefit of the doubt - perhaps he just hasn't got a GC(S)E in English and can't understand the regulations to interpret them in a sensible manner.

If they really expect you to travel from home each day watch them back pedal when you start deducting your travelling time from your office hours.

Best of luck,

3. Thanks Bat, My boss is being fine about it - its the RAO office thats giving me grief.

.....and yes, at 916 miles round trip It would rather make a dent in the working day......