Home-coming parades. Where might a civvy find out date / time?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Friend of a young lad I know wants to know how he could find out about home coming parades for troops around the UK.

I'd suggest the British Legion or, if he had the return of a particular tour in mind, the Regimental Association.

Suggestions?

Either your local mosque or the english Defence League will know. They always seem to anyway...

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I did initially suggest he ask the question, then I offered to ask it myself because I knew that he'd get savaged and he is only a young lad, with shoulders not as broad or skin as pachydermatous as mine.

Thanks very much for that help.

Anyone can easily find this out via the defence news blog here;

Defence News

If you scroll down the page you will find the Defence Diary with all events for the next 7 days.

You can also sign up to the daily or weekly newsletter, or the RSS feed, at the bottom of the menu list on the right.

Hope this helps

That's me told, I'll probably never do it again! Probably.

Try Military News | Military Forum

If the lad is interested in things current and military, then that is probably a good place to be familiar with.

Edited to add: There's a search function too...

Just email Martin Mguiness or Gerry Adams. Their "boys" haven't gone away you know. They will have all the intelligence on forces movements.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Just email Martin Mguiness or Gerry Adams. Their "boys" haven't gone away you know. They will have all the intelligence on forces movements.
Presumably under a Freedom of Information Act cover so that they are obliged to respond. ;o)

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thanks to those who helped. The young man in question got what he needed to know.