Home Cinema - help needed

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by OLDBIGHEAD, Jul 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evenin'
    Apologies if this is in the wrong place, mods feel free to move it if necessary.

Ive just bought a LG home cinema system, which is excellent when watching dvd's, but i want to watch SKY through it as well, which for some reason i cant at the moment. Not being massively clued up in the necessary areas, i KNOW someone here will be able to help? Is it just a case of attaching an audio cable from the SKY box?

Thanks in advance. :D

2. Use the 'Home cinema' as the sound driver. If you have an optical output/input on both, use them. If you have HDMI on both, use them.

Effectively, sound out from Sky to sound in to LG. There should be several ways of doing this.

To help, try and post the version you have or a pic of the back end of both.

3. Many thanks Lord,

The model is LG HT752

Edited to say, yes it has HDMI but i thought this was only rference the picture quality?

4. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

nope it's a lead that looks abit similar to a USB one pop it into the back and away you go

5. So, a HDMI cable from the SKY box to the home cinema dvd player will do the trick?

6. It should do, how come your manual doesn't show you how this is supposed to go ?

Or are you like the 99% of us that don't read that until the very last minute of frustration.

7. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Yes but on my LG I have to select the HDMI from the input button, Once you've done this you can scale up the resolution from the bit of kit that has HDMI on it (DVD/SKY etc) just be aware that the TV might lose the signal for about 10-20 secs as you up scale the picture

8. My bold, I usually do that, but this time i read it from cover to cover but it doesnt mention anything other than watching dvd's. Worst of it is, Mrs BigHead thinks its not justifiable to have it for just dvd's :roll:

9. Cheers mate, i'll try that route :wink: