Home by Christmas 2007?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Steven, Sep 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Iraq president sees all British troops home bythe end of 2007

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/IBO540262.htm

Sounds like a plan to me.

"The president said that he was happy for us to leave so we packed our kit and cuked off"

Thoughts?

2. I hope not I was planning to volunteer in the new year. Bang goes my chances of a tan!

3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

There's always the 'Stan my boy ! Gets quite warm there too I hear....

The reality is that if the order was given TODAY, it would take us longer than 3 months to get all the boys and girls home AND all the kit....ship charterers would have a bonanza ( and retention in 17 Port & Maritime would go through the floor :) ).....

So, sadly, I'm prepared to wager a not insubstantial sum that there will still be HMF in Iraq on Boxing Day 2006....any takers?

Le Chevre

PS Stroker, this is the polite version....did you REALLY pick that username yersel' ?

4. I know but one gong at a time eh, I anticipate the stan one will be available for a good while yet on current form.

PS. Yes I did pick stroker as my username. I don't take arrse, or myself too seriously.

5. Edited the topic title as some people (yes I am looking at you two) didn't fcuking bother to read the damn post.

Seesh you really can't get the staff these days.....

6. Shut it! I don't read this rubbish I just use it as an oppurtunity to spout my deeply ingrained, ignorant, ill informed half arrsed judgements as if I know the answer to all the worlds ill. Isn't that what arrse is for?