Holy crap!!! Hiv rates...

Discussion in 'Southern Africa' started by Schaden, Mar 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

2. Is that real, or another of the UN's 'projections'? They were a bit discredited when someone pointed out that had they been correct, the entire population of Botswana would be dead. They refined the model and said that the new model was so wonderful that there was no point comparing it to test results any more.
  3. And you are surprised? FFS this is the country where many believe that having sex with a virgin will cure AIDS
    see South Africa’s child-rape epidemic | Photographers Blog
    snip "South Africa has the highest rate of rape in the world, including child and baby rape, with one person estimated to be raped every 26 seconds, according to aid groups and local organizations. In Khayelitsha, a sprawling, crime-ridden township of more than 500,000 people, many of the victims are children under the age of 10."
    Another fantastic record in the guardianistas utopia, the ever so wonderful (not) Rainbow Nation§ :-(
    • Like Like x 5
  4. I think there were official figures that said at least 50% of SA women and girls had been raped at some point so it's not exactly surprising that there's a lo of HIV around too.
  5. Nature and stupidity keep trying to decimate the population of Africa, time and again western medicine intervenes.
    • Like Like x 9
  6. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

All down to the moronic thinking of Mbeki and schysters like Matthias Rath, the damge they did was huge:

HIV/AIDS denialism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Matthias Rath - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Matthias Rath – steal this chapter – Bad Science
  7. Surely stupidity is their nature?

The rest of the species gets kicked out of Africa (or leaves in disgust) goes out, populates the entire planet save Antarctica and comes back seventy thousand years later to discover that it's still a shithole.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. It's all very Darwinian...
  9. And the problem is....?
  10. They're complaining about overpopulation one minute, death rates the next.

I wish they'd make their minds up.
    • Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 5
  11. Or claim its an actual cure and introduce it to China and India and most middle eastern countries.

Oil crisis solved, food crisis solved, global warming solved (less CO2 by default), extinction of endangered animals solved.
  12. It might just be me but I'm not sorry to say that I lack and empathy or sympathy for the fortunes of these or any other peoples anywhere in the world.

I give money to some home charities (and get the tax breaks) and i give clothing to similar groups (saves me dumping it myself) - does that make me a bad person ? Oh well, at least I can sleep at night :)
  13. No,I don't care either. Keeping 'em alive so their kids can starve later has always struck me as wrong and stupid.
  14. And the lesson is... Don't shag schoolgirls, especially in Southern Africa.
  15. Somewhat like Britain in the victorian times, where syphilis was THE killer, shagging a virgin was suposed to cure that, indeed it's why the whole age of consent was brought in. The answer is education and the use of condoms maybe it has been timed to get the new Pope to say ok it's time to grow up and use protection?
    • Like Like x 1