Holts, charges are bad enough but now!

ugly

LE
In the email this afternoon:
Dear Sir,

I am writing to you to inform you of some changes we are making to our Sealed Bid Auction which may affect you. From our December Auction the Sealed Bid will exclusively be available to view at our Norfolk base of operations. Our Main Auction items will also be available to view by appointment at our Norfolk headquarters ahead of the auction view in London.

This change will mean that we can provide you with an extended viewing period for our Sealed Bid Auction running throughout the month in advance of our December Main Auction, as well as during the week of the 10th December in Norfolk whilst our Main Auction takes place in London.

Our Sealed Bid items will be arranged and laid out for easy viewing at our Norfolk base, and our team will be on hand to assist with any queries you may have.

So in a word lazy, yes it takes effort to drag everything down to London for viewing but it means we get a viewing of both auctions in person on the few days available. Not only do they charge like a wounded rhino but now they expect us to schlep up to (admittedly a picturesque village) the back end of nowhere to maybe find something we like. No chance.

In the email this afternoon:
Dear Sir,

I am writing to you to inform you of some changes we are making to our Sealed Bid Auction which may affect you. From our December Auction the Sealed Bid will exclusively be available to view at our Norfolk base of operations. Our Main Auction items will also be available to view by appointment at our Norfolk headquarters ahead of the auction view in London.

This change will mean that we can provide you with an extended viewing period for our Sealed Bid Auction running throughout the month in advance of our December Main Auction, as well as during the week of the 10th December in Norfolk whilst our Main Auction takes place in London.

Our Sealed Bid items will be arranged and laid out for easy viewing at our Norfolk base, and our team will be on hand to assist with any queries you may have.

So in a word lazy, yes it takes effort to drag everything down to London for viewing but it means we get a viewing of both auctions in person on the few days available. Not only do they charge like a wounded rhino but now they expect us to schlep up to (admittedly a picturesque village) the back end of nowhere to maybe find something we like. No chance.

Hahaha

Greedy swine.

Well they can eff off then. No more Sealed Bid auction for most of us. It was a ridiculously over-priced and unfair farce anyway - most of the items are little more than scrap, the reserve prices are stupidly high, and the tender bid system means most people are grossly overpaying for what they get.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Have you ever wondered why Auctioneers/ Estate agents are about the richest of local townsfolk. I was just about to complete on a commercial property two years ago with an auctioneer/estate agent firm. A price was agreed and accepted, at the last minute they asked for sealed bids as there was 'another interested person.' I upped by a few thousand. and waited for the day. I got the property, then casually asked the seller who was the other interested party? He replied ' I have been the key holder to show people around, you are the only one that I have seen'! Lying Bastards!

Have you ever wondered why Auctioneers/ Estate agents are about the richest of local townsfolk. I was just about to complete on a commercial property two years ago with an auctioneer/estate agent firm. A price was agreed and accepted, at the last minute they asked for sealed bids as there was 'another interested person.' I upped by a few thousand. and waited for the day. I got the property, then casually asked the seller who was the other interested party? He replied ' I have been the key holder to show people around, you are the only one that I have seen'! Lying Bastards!
I recently had one over for around £5k , all perfectly legal and it made me feel quite proud :)

Latest Threads