Holts again

ugly

LE
Looks like they have pulled the plug on London, email today inviting me to arsend of nowheresville in Norfolk for the main auction!
I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later I wonder now if they will reign in their spending and become just another provincial auction house

Looks like they have pulled the plug on London, email today inviting me to arsend of nowheresville in Norfolk for the main auction!
I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later I wonder now if they will reign in their spending and become just another provincial auction house
Handy for Sandringham!

4(T)

LE

So long as they slash their commissions by about 50% and have a proper auction instead of the awful "sealed bid" rip off, I'd be fine with that. I might even drive all the way up there.

p.s. where will they hold the auction? IIRC Church Farm Barns has no big enough venue, and there is barely enough parking for a couple of visitors, let alone 60+ auction punters.

ugly

LE
So long as they slash their commissions by about 50% and have a proper auction instead of the awful "sealed bid" rip off, I'd be fine with that. I might even drive all the way up there.

p.s. where will they hold the auction? IIRC Church Farm Barns has no big enough venue, and there is barely enough parking for a couple of visitors, let alone 60+ auction punters.
I hope it’s not outdoors in December

ugly

LE
According to the email it’s at the barns with free parking! I assume they are expecting two bidders?

I am a ' relatively' newcomer to this game, but here's my pennyworth.
I bought my first 2 rifles from Holts, sealed bid, with Ugly overseeing the process from start to finish.
I got a cracking 6.5 x55 and a 0.22 to cover my early interests, at what I now know was a very good price.
( So good in fact, he said if I ever sell it, he gets first shout on the 6.5 ).

I hope things dont change too much , as my intro to Sport shooting , Pest Control was good.

Latest Threads