Holsters advice

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by tpr0327, Mar 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am in need of a drop leg holster for Sig p226, two mag pouches minimum. Am currently looking at the Blackhawk Omega VI and Bulleuks' molle system.

Any recommendations on reliable suppliers, good kit, or is anyone looking to sell? Ebay seems to be stocked with holsters, but only for the damn paintball industry!

Thanks for any help!

2. I don't know if it will fit but the US issue (like the Bianchi M12) are f*cking rock...You'll have to get an extra magpouch though.
    [​IMG]

Bianchi, Uncle Mikes, Blackhawk Industries...all good

Also...Safariland, a little noncey but still boss.

[​IMG]

3. Thanks for the advice!

What's that holster in the bottom picture, the one in the middle with two mag pouches and a, torch pouch? It looks like a SERPA system, but I've heard they're shit, and that once they break, they're, well, broken...

:)

4. I may be wrong but I think the bottom pics are safariland.

5. I have just ordered a "universal" molle style one. It is taking its time getting here but if its good when it arrives I will post details.

6. I've got a blackhawk industries holster, excellent bit of kit it will take a browning or a P226/228. Have a look at the soldier of fortune website, they're quite well priced compared to othe companies.

Attached Files:

7. The Safariland holster is the B@lls. It has a pretty nifty retention system and the backing plate that the holster is mounted on can accept other accessories (Gerber pouch / flashlight) and that sort of bollauex.

Try googling the 'military morons' website. I know it's full of c*nts but they do do some good kit reviews. May give you and idea.

My personal bet would be the Bianchi holster as they are tough as rocks. They can be converted to a waist rig, under arm rig and drop leg.

8. Used to bring them back from my R&I in Thailand for the aviators in my old regt.
    Shop owner in Bangkok thought I was sort of gangster.
    john

9. When the police evaluated the Bianchi they found them to be too fragile for any weapon retention. Being able to be ripped from the holdings. Safariland would get my vote.

10. Why do you need a holster for a P226? Who uses them these days? Havent all the units in the British Army that use the Sig variety of pistols now gone to the P229?

11. *Shrugs* That's what we've been issued with.

I gave in after much difficulty in finding a holster with more than one mag pouch, and bought a little £15 jobbie just to tide me over from Flecktarn. That Blackhawk one does look good though, so might give it a shot.

12. Do keep a good eye on the Prince for us won't you! :D

13. Retention?

Try the Blackhawk special operations retention holster:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Second best after the Bianchi and I've seen one in the flesh to attest to it.