HolsforHeroes - Anyone know about Blandford Camp Open Day?

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, May 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

It occurred to me, as there are a few arrsers here in Dorset and nearby, that we might blag a stall at the Blandford Camp Open Day this year.

It's usually in August, I believe.

Does any arrser know the date, and better still have a contact name / details for the Organisers?

Now we have the stock, posters, and experience, it seems like a good fundraising opportunity if we can manage it.

2. Grownup_Rafbrat

Just a little bump in case any Monday morning people have this info.
  3. Have you tried posting this in the signals bit?

4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

5. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thanks for the tips, folks. Will try them when I have done some paid work!
  6. Have called and been asked to call back in a few weeks, as so far there is nothing on the calendar for this.

7. Grownup_Rafbrat

8. Ok I'm looking in to this, but the HIve at Blandford still know nothing about it. I have been given the garrison staff officer's name and number and will be calling him at some stage today and find out more information, if anyone esle knows anything then please either add to this thread or pm me.

9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thanks, PBD. Persevere!
  10. I will do, Did we get given a date? There is apparently something going on this weekend and something else going on in September. Which may be things we can take the Sgt too. I have also had an idea, but I will get some information on it and when we all catch up next will mention it then.

11. Ok quick update, there is no open day at Blandford during August. One of the units based there may be having a unit fund rasing day, by that will be run by the unit involved and be low key.

12. Grownup_Rafbrat

Well, thanks for trying, PBD. I suspect the Weymouth contacts might have had their wires crossed.

Look forward to seeing you at Weymouth next year, anwyays!