Hols4Heroes

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
What has happened to Hols4Heroes? I've not seen anything come up in ages. Is it still running? Do we (as a website) still support it? Is @Porridge_gun fed up with it?

When I left in 2014, having done the website updating and Bears' stuff, I was assured by Porridge Git that he had someone ready to take over. Just another example of his 'dissembling and prevarication' that made me decide to quit.

Congratulations to RAF-brat for sticking it out, and nurturing a packing-case full of Bears ;)

Bye again ... I don't look at ARRSE any more these days, but just had the urge to see if anything had changed over the last 3 years. PM me if you want a response - I should get an Alert email.

Last edited:
What has happened to Hols4Heroes? I've not seen anything come up in ages. Is it still running? Do we (as a website) still support it? Is @Porridge_gun fed up with it?
Afaik Legs it's still going, but with a bit less demand now there are fewer troops in hot situations.

I do a bit of fundraising here and there and arrsers are still supportive when I do but most funding comes from other sources nowadays and the main profile is with Welfare staff in regiments.

Sadly B-S withdrew his support and the bitterness in his post was sad to read. P-G has done a lot of good for a lot of folks and that buys him a lot of slack in my book. Better to make like Elsa and 'let it go' imho.