Hols4Heroes

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
What has happened to Hols4Heroes? I've not seen anything come up in ages. Is it still running? Do we (as a website) still support it? Is @Porridge_gun fed up with it?

When I left in 2014, having done the website updating and Bears' stuff, I was assured by Porridge Git that he had someone ready to take over. Just another example of his 'dissembling and prevarication' that made me decide to quit.

Congratulations to RAF-brat for sticking it out, and nurturing a packing-case full of Bears ;)

Bye again ... I don't look at ARRSE any more these days, but just had the urge to see if anything had changed over the last 3 years. PM me if you want a response - I should get an Alert email.

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
What has happened to Hols4Heroes? I've not seen anything come up in ages. Is it still running? Do we (as a website) still support it? Is @Porridge_gun fed up with it?
Afaik Legs it's still going, but with a bit less demand now there are fewer troops in hot situations.

I do a bit of fundraising here and there and arrsers are still supportive when I do but most funding comes from other sources nowadays and the main profile is with Welfare staff in regiments.

Sadly B-S withdrew his support and the bitterness in his post was sad to read. P-G has done a lot of good for a lot of folks and that buys him a lot of slack in my book. Better to make like Elsa and 'let it go' imho.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hols4Heroes The NAAFI Bar 19
Hols4Heroes The NAAFI Bar 55
Hols4Heroes The NAAFI Bar 19