Hols4heroes (Swift scrounge)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, May 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Just a brief sitrep and blag for wedge.

At the minute in Le Torre we have an injured QGC winner and his family, a double umputee and a widow and two young sons, all happily playing in the Earthquake ravaged area of the costa calida.

Thankfully none of the dead are ours... It would cost fortunes to bring them back the stiffs, unless stuffed in the boot of the lovebus and smuggled home.

The fleet of vehicles over there have just been retaxed and insured for a further year, and we are pretty much booked up for the summer, less a couple of slots for deserving fast balls. Our petrol bill last week alone was 230 Euros.

We have a new man on the ground over in Le Torre, very ugly but one of our success stories, now giving a bit back by doing a twelve month stint as duty wheels / bitch / gofor in southern spain.

We have secured a few plots in the Al Garve for next year and Cyprus is looking like a positive venue for the coming three months.

We've just have a family of seven back from a holiday of a lifetime in Florida, Ocean travel really pulled out the stops for us and heavily discounted what should have been £11000 worth of holiday to about a third of it. Thankyou letters and testimonials etc to appear on the website as soon as I get chance to wazz them over to Meridan.

I havent got a specific case, but we could do with a bit of a lift. As an example, this week we've managed to get some half price PCs thanks to a site member and bon euf, enabling a very sick child to talk via webcam from her hospital bed in the US back to the members of her family who can't be with her. we've proffed a motorized wheel chair for Spain to add to our collection of spaz transporters.

Any spare change, chuck it in the HSBC por favor

Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081
  2. These PCs, have they got an operating system? Do they need any Office-type products? Or are you using Linux and open-source software? Could you use a couple of colour printers and a scanner?
  3. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

We've already bought the PCs and sent them mate.
  4. I'll pay to see you do Lands End to John O Groats in the Leccy Spazchair
  5. Want a video camera? DVD Player?
  6. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Did you get my PM? It's not showing in my Sent box from about half an hour ago
  7. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

The kids will starve, The Scarey One will get the shakes and I won't get a Kebab tonight, but what the feck.... Can you just confirm receipt as it's gone from my account, but I don't trust the cnuts. Mind you Tuppence ha'penny won't go far. ND
  8. only 10 squidlets sent
  9. Spare change sent.

presumably the PCs were supplied with an OS? (if so, which?) Do they need anything else on them - might be able to help out with software licences for Office.

Let me know when anything else is being sent - might be able to throw some hardware their way if you can include it in the shipping.
  10. I've contributed on the basis that when next we meet you'll tongue my dirty starfish like a starved child on an icecream.........

............update.........or I would have done but you paypal account is blocked.
  11. Banker huh?.......
  12. Thats why he wants it direct to the Swiss Bank account !