hols4heroes (summer scrounge)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Aug 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

With August coming to an end there are some cheap flights available for September. We've had a couple of late calls from deserving soldiers and their families, and of course we'd like to get them out here to La Torre for the break they need.

Case 1.

Infanteer, 3 gun shot wounds, suffered punctured lungs, abdominal injuries, burst ear drum, countless other injuries and a slight paper cut on his thumb.

His partner is his carer and can put them a 10 day package together here in September for £361.00

Case 2.

Ex Parachute Regiment, NI MiD. Severe PTSD from a famous incident dating back to the very early eighties. He's the chap we mounted his medal for back in the spring and has had ongoing treatment with COmbat stress.

Any chance of a lift to get these two couples away?

HSBC: Holidays4heroes
    Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

To put a bit of meat on the bones, we currently have three families on the three resorts now, with two more arriving tomorrow.

Average weekly fuel bill since June 15th = 305 Euros.
    Average mileage 1500 miles per week
    Average temperature = 37 degrees C
    Hospital trips = 9
    Ambulances called = 1
    Ice cold beers sunk = utterly countless, but up there with Bill Werbenicks best.

It quietening off on the resort-ish for the next two weeks, purely down to cost at this time of year, but september kicks in with 5-6 famillies a week passing through, varying from injured, amputees (often double /multiple) widows, parents of etc.......

As always though, there is always the need for wonga, this never changes, however I am conscious of tin rattling on the site as I know it gets on some peoples tits, and its always the same crowd chucking in the bucket.

Once the summer season is over I'll put up a forecast and wish list for the next twelve months, three new venues on the cards, a couple of winter plots hopefully falling into play and the possibility of a couple of permanent pads here in Spain.

Many thanks for the continues support

Flight prices change every couple of days, so need to try and get this one nailed by Monday 22nd if at all possible.

If I can get £200 today I'll chuck a pic up of some of the local support here in the form of pretty girls in Hols4heroes t shirts :D
  2. Wet t-shirts?
    When do you think the paypal thing will be sorted out? Have been having a lot of problems paying through the bank as I had to cancel my debit card due to some scroat getting its details and using it to buy odd diy stuff...so I can't log into my bank account until I get a new one.
  3. Hols4Heroes

Paypal is unlikely to be resolved in the next month, other priorities take over unfortunatley, its a shame as it was invaluable, but the fact remains, its not working.
  4. Hols4Heroes

Forgot to mention the two famillies currently in Larnaca Cyprus and the two single toms in Tenerife.
  5. Did did it go yesterday? Do we get photos of birds?
  6. Mate, post the bank account again would you?

Yep, I know, but I'm wearing my wife's knickers and have contracted "chick brain" as a result.

Sad? Sure, but they give me a semi.
  7. Hi B, The detail is in the OP, 10th. line down. Monday's eh?
  8. To be fair, it's down to PG's far from cracking prose.......bodering on the comatose after the first "gizza"..........so figured I'd get him to clarity.

Nevertheless, I'm grateful to you.....a gentleman by any measure.
  9. Hols4Heroes

Smoke me! :D

HSBC: Holidays4heroes
    Sort: 40-12-09

Be careful calling Alec Lomas a gentleman, its not true........ by any measure :D

Now before the usual comments come hurling in, I was originally reluctant to put these in the NAAFI as they are decent young ladies who have helped out an awful lot locally.

I haven't slept with any of them and I don't have any nork shots etc etc etc etc
  10. Mother and daughters..........??

Oh, and that's a request..........not an observation.
  11. Hols4Heroes

Yeah, indirectly affected by service life and its downside, hence the organisation pulling on heart strings and them more than stepping upto the plate and helping.
  12. I thought that also, and since this is not in the NAAFI and they've done a lot of good I'd just like to say, they look absolutely wonderful in their very nice Polo shirts and I would like to pass on my kind regards to each and every one of them. Oh, just noticed this is in the NAAFI, I'll still behave.

Funds sent, and a bump to keep it top of the page.
  13. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

I like how they all have matching gimp masks
  14. Supplied by me
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Arghhhhhhhhhh he's back :)