Hols4heroes (Spring scrounge)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Mar 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

With the new season came a fist full of new cases.

A Family with an injured father, disabled child and mother in cancer recovery have been sent by a welfare officer. They need to travel in April to fit in with treatments etc.

Also been sent a case from Forgotten heroes, a chap who was a prisoner of war in Japan, clearly we won't be sending him to the far east but he is looking for some down time after a series of quite harsh blows.

Finally one to make you cry, the bloke we helped in January, getting a property etc...... He had lost his mum, daughter, and wife all in a three week period, then was made homeless, lost his job and broke his back and both legs.

He's just been given the fantastic news that he has mouth cancer and its rapidly spreading to his neck and lymph things....... giving him not long as he hasn't the energy or will power to fight it.

I have spoken to him, he is a shell and broken....... help me help him out?

Paypal: info@holidays4heroes.org

Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

2. Hols4Heroes

Cheers, will get Meridan the grown up to look at it.
  3. Hols, can't help out at the moment, but spoke to Spanish Dave on Friday ref the holiday I won. Due to work and time constraints, I have given it back for use by you, week towards the end of August, if I remember, is now free for use. Speak to El Dave.

Edited to add, I have a couple of books to offer:-

1) Pageantry and Performance, originally offered in the RBL auctions but the buyer has yet to come forward to recieve it. Here's the preview - http://www.henrydallalphotography.com/pagentry_performance.html

2) McLaren -The cars 1964-2008 by William Taylor, a must for McLaren/Mercedes fans.
  4. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

In the meantime, there's always

Please transfer the money to one of these accounts:

Paypal: info@holidays4heroes.org

Bank: Holidays4heroes
    Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

IBAN: GB29MIDL40120941416081
    Swift: MIDLGB2120G
  5. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Jarrod, yes mate, sorry

When I rejigged the website I obviously haven't made the link clicky (is that too technical :D )

If you go to the 'make an impression' menu option it is in there, or

Will sort it this week, just about to jet off to sunny Amsterdam for a jolly, sorry, work trip

edited to add, just sorted it

like a bloody greased weasel :D
  6. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

@ meridian ... the bank details on the payment page would be helpful [like what RAFbrat posted].

@ jarrod ... do i understand that was £250?

@ joker62 ... could you PM RAFbrat over the auction stuff? She's the Queen of that Department! :D
  7. Sgt.Slingsby

Sgt.Slingsby War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Also posted to the Slingsby Facebook page and Featured Cause.
  8. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Done and responded! Will update the list of auction items once I have a few more details.
  9. 15 squid donated, sorry it can't be more.
    'We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.'
  10. Sgt.Slingsby

Sgt.Slingsby War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Nobody is rich [well, OK, a few people possibly are].
    Nobody is expecting HUGE donations.
    Nobody should EVER apologise for making a donation!

Nobody needs to say they've even made one, come to that. ;-)

Thanks for being mugged again, everyone. :D
  11. Hols4Heroes

Thankyou for all the input so far, nice start.

Not enough yet though so cough up you cnuts.

I gave some thought to some of the cases earlier, and managed to find something positive in all of the doom and gloom........ its not me :D

Come on people, lets make whatever time left this bloke has is spent as comfortable as possible, lets get the rest of them on Holidays.
  12. just put a few coppers
  13. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Get my first wage cheque from my new job on Fri...I'll cough up some then....
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I am.

Rich, smug and deeply irritating. I drive a big car, live in a big house, my children are privately educated and would ignore your children in the street. Assuming your children would not get arrested for being in Hampstead.

I am taller than you, better dressed and when I walk into a room, people notice. In short, I am an irritating git, shorty. Adjust.

I shall bung in me usual tenner.

If you wish to feel better than me, bung in £11. Lets face it, its your only chance.
  15. Should we go and rob Christian Digby's house once SOCO have finished with it, I hear he has some gucci stuff knocking about in his gaff, he doesn't need it anymore.