Hols4heroes (September update & Grovel)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Sep 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Carnage in Spain, Ryanair have pulled all routes in UK (Less Gatwick) into Murcia so along with Le Torre being swamped with cripples and broken soldiers, widows and other animals, we've had to recce other resorts closer to larger Airports. This is now in the final stages so a move west in coming weeks is imminent.

This next week I have :

1 X Mum, Dad and Sister of a Mercian Military Cross winner (KIA) (Dad also injured)
    1 X Family of a Signaller who's only child passed away early in the summer
    1 x Family of Soldier badly injured in a blast and subsequent firefight.
    2 X Couples both with injuries relating to service

They all arrive this week, they are all staying in luxury properties with their own pools.

Thats just a ten day period, 5 families = 19 people

If there is any help, please chuck it in the tin failure to do so will result in my publishing the citation of the MC winner, just to make you cry and guilt you into payment.

Other news:

Three of the vehicles are being sold, this will enable us (with a bit of extra funding) to buy two Renault grand espaces and have one of them wheelchair enabled. I've already sourced one and it arrives in country early next week.

I've got a massive amount of thankyou letters, not really for me, but to the fundraisers and donators that make it all happen. As soon as I work out how, I'll host and post them.

Cough up bastardos

Paypal: info@holidays4heroes.org

HSBC: Holidays4heroes
    Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

2. £20 (or my Ginsters budget for the next ten minutes) inbound

3. Money sent.

4. Cow

Cow LE

Can't believe you're asking for money this close to the end of the month. I'm brassic.

Few quid on the way.

5. :bounce::bounce::bounce:........................

6. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Have we been forgotten?

7. P_G
    will bung a few quid (not much i,m afraid) into the pot via paypal.
    Maybe we should release a song:-D :? (ok i will fucky offy now )

Kind regards,

RM

8. Ne Obliviscaris lolly inbound

9. Just input a little via paypal.

Get some of those tearjerker letters scaned in and posted, make some of these tough guys weep!

10. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I've been a bit busy recently, so sorry for not stumping up the last few months....wife just gave birth to a baby boy last month....so I've raided his piggy bank and stuck some cash in the pot.

S_R

11. Cow

Cow LE

Bet you wouldn't be doing that if he was yours! (or was that a bump..!)

12. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO how could we??

A wee bit should have reached you by now from A Lap for a Life but I ll bung in a few wine vouchers of my own.

13. Bit more on the way.

14. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Folks have no idea how hard this man works ... and now this chaos.

Re-arranging the vehicle fleet, shifting all the disability kit to [somewhere] ...

DONATE to the Cause, please. No money is spent on Hamsters [the breeding programme has been successful] and EVERY penny goes to Hols4H.

Are we in a crisis? Slightly, I would guess.

The question is whether we say "Fukking hard luck, you've lost some bits of your body" or carry on trying to help the people who have been hurt, and the kids, and the widows. I say "Go On".

15. I have nothing to give til the morning (tis my barfday and what a date to have it on ffs!) so I'll have a root around and see what else I can auction that I haven't managed to destroy...