Hols4heroes (Scottish help / volunteer)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, May 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

We have the mother of a soldier killed last year travelling to Spain on Sunday.

The train times aren't favourable and the unit, due to commitments aren't able to assist.

Is there anyone in Aberbeen area, that could drive this couple to Prestwick, and we will cover petrol etc?

Please PM reasonably urgently

2. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

3. Sorry lads, Im away with family this weekend or I would have been more than happy to drive up from Edinburgh and give them a lift.
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Third call for help otherwise the hamster botherer is intending to do this himself, and he has enough on his plate!!
  5. Sorry performance reviewing at Murrayfield all weekend
  6. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I suspect many of us would like to do it, but live too far away.
  7. Yep, if I was in that country and had wheels, I would do it . I would also pay my own petrol!
  8. My crewchange is not until Thursday, but if there is anything i can do for their return please let me know as im only 20 minutes from Prestwick Airport

Edit to add: Cant make it on 9th and 10th of June as going to London for a hospital appointment.
  9. Has this been sorted yet?
  10. I txt Hols yesterday and said I would take the lady to the airport and Hols said it had been sorted.
  11. Fecking treacherous travelling through Europe these days. Wasn't driving a Scenic dressed as a woman was he?
  12. Can someone from Hols please confirm that this one is sorted?

Just noticed the thread, I live near Perth and am willing to go to Aberdeen and pick the couple up and take them to Prestwick.

Aye and you can keep the petrol money.
  13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Message passed by voicemail for you Rafair
  14. I've just read this and I'm near Perth too - when is she due back - is it next Saturday/Sunday cos I can do the return trip if required. Work Mon-Fri sadly or would be available anytime.

15. Cheers mate, much obliged.