Hols4heroes (quick update)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Apr 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

All families stranded in Spain are currently en route home in an epic EnE from southern spain from Santander. They should be back in blighty by lunchtime tomorrow after an extended stay in the sun.

The Spanish being all round good eggs cashed in on the eruption and trebled the prices of everything overnight so its all but cleaned us out to get the blokes and their families home.

Those that were due to travel in the past week are currently being rebooked and will travel later on in the year at times to suit.

Have a look in the charity auction threads, there may be something to catch your eye or something thats completely useless that can clutter up a draw for a while.

Plenty of ongoing cases, so a post from me wouldn't be complete without a scrounge for wedge.

Paypal: info@holidays4heroes

HSBC
    Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081
    Acct name: Holidays4heroes

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Cheque for £460.24 paid into local HSBC today. :D
    Proceeds of whip round and auction on Arras/Vimy Ridge Tour. :D
    Or it would have been Vimy Ridge if some Hitler of a car park attendant had let us in his car park :evil:

3. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Cheers OB

Just in the nick of time to.

Since appearing in the Army Journal we've been swamped with calls.

1 x Mum and Dad of 20 year old son killed in Afgan
    1 x R sigs lad seriously injured in RPG atack
    1 x Multiple amputee from Coldstream guards

Icing on the cake of misery this morning was a call from someone to cancel a trip as their terminally ill 6 year old child had rolled a seven on Sunday morning.... Couldn't find any words to fit..... So opted to sing roll out the barrel and tear up the Chrimbo vouchers.... Clearly thats a lie, I don't know the words to roll out the barrel.

If there is any spare change, notes, savings bonds, anything at all I can steal, blag, scrounge or proff....

Details in opening post.

4. Pay day on thurs, will put some in coffers then!

5. Will know by Tuesday what I can spare - won't be much but anything helps.

6. Just popped 20 your way.
    Would do more but my outrageous wine habit restricts me.

7. I have 1 x bottle of Peacekeeper ale from the Whitcombe brewery to throw into the auction pot if anyone wants to list it.

It was brewed especially for H4H and would be a nice collectors bottle for the shelf.....PM me if you want it listing in the Auction section, it's not much but I am skint and out of work.....again

8. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

paleblue_1 please see PMs.

Thank you.

9. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Polo shirts £19.99 including delivery in time for the Army v Navy game.

[​IMG]

Badly modelled here.

better pic to follow

10. I'll have one please, without the model though!! Money on way

11. Forgot to add a medium would be nice to cover my tits and muffin top :D

12. Oldbaldy, we will rape them of their money on the Friday before Army v Navy, Mrs Baldy will help us :D

13. You should get some black nasty on thet photo PG, careless talk and all that.

14. 1 x XS (it's for a friend). Let me know the delivery costs though.

Edited to add: Your posture looks appalling. Stretch your knees and straighten your back when wearing heels :D

15. Yeah, those shoes with that skirt, even a bootie wouldn't do it.