Hols4Heroes: Osprey book Men at Arms 'SAS' text by James G. Shortt- ends 03/08/11

Since we already have an SAS book on auction, here is something very different indeed.

In this auction you can make bids for the

Osprey book 'Men at Arms'

Series 116 - 'The Special Air Service'

Text by
. . James G. Shortt

This is what the cover of the book looks like:

IMG_4923.jpg

The auction will run for a week.

Please make your bids before

Wednesday, 3rd of August, 1800 hrs.

( Just to make sure, this is UK time. )

All proceeds to Holidays4Heroes, please help those who have given so much.

Thank you for your support !

Special thanks to the kind ARRSEr, who donated the book. :thumright:

By bidding or taking part in the auctions in any way, you approve tacitly the Auction Rules.

Is it signed by the author?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sorry can I just get this straight - you are asking us how much we would have to be paid to take this book? Is that correct? :)

My father has offered £15 on the condition that the book is burnt/shredded. He is very supportive of the great work done by ARRSE charity but has forbade myself or Mrs K Senior having anything from James Shortt in our bookcase. His offer is £15 stg to burn the book and I salute him. It is no a sub to the Hereford Hooligans. Like me he hates liars. He holds 22 SAS in the highest esteem and never met them. Like me he hates James Shortt & his lies.

£20 ... I can take it to the range after I've read it. A bit of 9mm should do the business.

And at least the money goes somewhere useful, instead of into his innumerable personal bank accounts.

_Chimurenga_

LE
Gallery Guru
If I'm not mistaken, that is a portrait of James Shortt on the cover, isn't it ?

This Slimmm volume will make an un-interesting addition to my Library, where it will sit alongside works by Theo. Roosevelt, Colin Powell, W S Churchill, Norman "Blackhead", R E Lee and many others.

Or it may just get recycled. :nod:

Com,e on, you tight-wads.

Your chance to shred your personal copy of Jim Shortt's major opus on "Blanket Stacking with the SAS".

And the money goes to Hols4H. Honestly.
Unlike some "International Company Accounts" we could mention.