• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Hols4heroes (November)

It never bloody rains..........

Ex servicemen, all checked out. Will be homeless as of lunchtime tomorrow, his only possessions a bag and a 6 year old Labrador. (Shoot the dog? can't for a thousand and one reasons its been his only pal for the last two difficult and traumatic years, it stays)

To avoid him being homeless and kipping on the streets tomorrow I've got him into a B&B for three nights, while I sort him a place to stay.

The RBL hostel is full, as are other places of similar set ups. I've found a landlord on side, who has offered slightly reduced rates so long as I stand as guarantor. Triffic!

SSAFA are visiting tomorrow to fill in a form A and they in turn will inform Regtl associations and ABF, RBL etc.

In the meantime can we do something to get him a bond and a months rent, later I will ask and beg for furniture etc, as he has bugger all.

He's in Cornwall on the Devon border near Plymouth, the chap who's house burnt down has a some stuff en route which may not be needed so we may be able to pinch some of that.

Cracking job for the QRF part of hols4heroes..... can we sort him out?

Paypal: info@holidays4heroes

HSBC: Holidays4heroes
Sort: 40-12-09
Acct: 41416081

MDN you know we always do, anyway your supposed to be stood down for today. Rally round ladies and gentlemen and let MDN have a night off as he deserves it today

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Spanish_Dave said:
Rally round ladies and gentlemen and let MDN have a night off as he deserves it today
Who's side are you on Spanish? Jesus. The thought of MDN with leisure time on his hands, here in Honest Blighty is enough to send shivers down the spine of any man with young daughters. Snap to, and keep him occupied, please?

Five of your English pounds inbound. Five. That is one for every one of those....

Nah, I'm not going there.

It is one for every finger on my strong right hand.

If you can better that, you are a better man / woman / confused pre-op transexual than me, and I shall give you a certificate to prove it.

Paypal: info @ Holidays4heroes.org

If you need anywhere to store any stuff down here whilst your trying to sort this chappie out, I have a large garage that can be put too use to store it.

I have a chest of drawers. kettle and toaster. I'll have a rummage for additional stuff. I can get these items to dorset this weekend and may be able to deliver them if timing allows. (i'll be going from the midlands if there are any other items people want me to take down.)

also two wooden folding tray tables.

Yes please.

We have a chap in Torquay with a storage unit, will liaise later and be in touch.

Not around for rest of night and most of tomorrow.

To log in tomorrow to find the job jobbed would give me an erection a cat couldn't climb up.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
D0lly86 said:
Sorry it couldn't be more.
A quid is enough. Its a quid, you know? I myself have given five of them. Thats because I am a Good Person and Right With Jesus.

D0lly86 said:
if he wants any help with his pup then I will have gladly have him here for a doggy holiday.
If anyone can rearrange that into some sort of joke, I shall give another fiver.

Thanks.

Donated directly to the bank account - just don't tell the other half.

TheIronDuke - I did try a joke, but having read the thread with dolly about the wrong 'un, I got a tad excited and couldn't think straight....

Latest Threads