Hols4heroes (November)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Nov 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

It never bloody rains..........

Ex servicemen, all checked out. Will be homeless as of lunchtime tomorrow, his only possessions a bag and a 6 year old Labrador. (Shoot the dog? can't for a thousand and one reasons its been his only pal for the last two difficult and traumatic years, it stays)

To avoid him being homeless and kipping on the streets tomorrow I've got him into a B&B for three nights, while I sort him a place to stay.

The RBL hostel is full, as are other places of similar set ups. I've found a landlord on side, who has offered slightly reduced rates so long as I stand as guarantor. Triffic!

SSAFA are visiting tomorrow to fill in a form A and they in turn will inform Regtl associations and ABF, RBL etc.

In the meantime can we do something to get him a bond and a months rent, later I will ask and beg for furniture etc, as he has bugger all.

He's in Cornwall on the Devon border near Plymouth, the chap who's house burnt down has a some stuff en route which may not be needed so we may be able to pinch some of that.

Cracking job for the QRF part of hols4heroes..... can we sort him out?

Paypal: info@holidays4heroes

HSBC: Holidays4heroes
    Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

MDN you know we always do, anyway your supposed to be stood down for today. Rally round ladies and gentlemen and let MDN have a night off as he deserves it today

3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Who's side are you on Spanish? Jesus. The thought of MDN with leisure time on his hands, here in Honest Blighty is enough to send shivers down the spine of any man with young daughters. Snap to, and keep him occupied, please?

Five of your English pounds inbound. Five. That is one for every one of those....

Nah, I'm not going there.

It is one for every finger on my strong right hand.

If you can better that, you are a better man / woman / confused pre-op transexual than me, and I shall give you a certificate to prove it.

Paypal: info @ Holidays4heroes.org

4. If you need anywhere to store any stuff down here whilst your trying to sort this chappie out, I have a large garage that can be put too use to store it.

5. Spanish_Dave

No he needs time out endex will not discuss :!:

6. A few quid sent via paypal.

7. Spanish_Dave

But that doesent mean stop giving

8. I have a chest of drawers. kettle and toaster. I'll have a rummage for additional stuff. I can get these items to dorset this weekend and may be able to deliver them if timing allows. (i'll be going from the midlands if there are any other items people want me to take down.)

also two wooden folding tray tables.

9. Hols4Heroes

Yes please.

We have a chap in Torquay with a storage unit, will liaise later and be in touch.

Not around for rest of night and most of tomorrow.

To log in tomorrow to find the job jobbed would give me an erection a cat couldn't climb up.

10. Longlenny

Longlenny War Hero Book Reviewer

MDN you should be a poet, what a way you have with words. It's a pleasure to send you my pension. Top man, and hamster!

11. Hols4Heroes

Nice reference just appeared.

'C0ck throater'

Lovely :D

12. It wasn't me 8O

13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Nor me. Mine said "Any chance of Nordic Sex God MDN's home phone number? Thanks"

I sit at the Enchanted Fish Tank awaiting Rapture.

14. I've sent a bit, Sorry it couldn't be more. I promise If I ever start this effing job I will set up a direct debit.

15. Just to add if he wants any help with his pup then I will have gladly have him here for a doggy holiday.