Hols4heroes (MT fleet - Le torre)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Jun 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Just to give a little feedback and show you where some of the money you chaps raise is being spent.

In Le Torre we have five vehicles, H13 HFH, H14 HFH,H15 HFH, H16 HFH & H17 HFH

[​IMG]

H14 HFH is an 8 seat Toyota (Jap import Estima) pimped with DVD players, additional air conditioning, TV and is affectionately referred to as the lovebus.

[​IMG]

H15 HFH is a Renault Grand Espace, not quite the luxury of the lovebus, but a 3.0 litre turbo deisel 7 seater, generally referred to as the Beast, this is the main work horse out in Spain

[​IMG]

H13 HFH is a Volvo S60, 2 ltr tubo referred to as the Staff car, ideal for the small families and great for the longer, Alicante runs and trips to hospitals, and picking up those that get lost while mullered.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

H17 HFH is another Volvo, C70 rag top, nick named the cruiser is a 2.3 ltr turbo cabriolet, responsible for burning the top of my baldy napper and a 50 Euro speeding fine.

In addition to the signed up vehicles (removed on arrival so not to draw attention to those not wanting it) the staff in Le torre wear:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With the shirts and signed vehicles we no longer lose people at the airport and have them wandering round aimlessly looking for a handsome man with big plums and a baldy bonce. Or in Justins case a house side with a neanderthal brow.

Now with a full set of stores, ranging from Wheelchairs to Local network mobile phones and Pool accessories, highchairs, pushchairs, bikes and equipment for the disabled.

The ongoing project is this:

[​IMG]

A three and a half litre boat, fully kitted out for waterskiing, deep sea fishing and generally getting burnt in the med.

Should be in Spain within a fortnight.

Vehicle insurance : 2k per year.
    Petrol: 250 Euros per week.
    Maintenance and ongoing vehicle costs: 60 Euros per week.

Next project:

Our Aim by mid august is to get a Mercedes Vito or equivalent 10 or eleven seater.

Le Torre is currently being littered with broken soldiers, widows, parents of killed, blokes and famillies on hard times etc.

We are hopefully going to be adopting a local bar as the 'Regi-bar' offering severely discounted beer and scoff, I asked for it to be served by semi naked slappers...... my request has been declined but it seems we will get our way with the bar, enabling us to host more frequent BBQs and fund raising functions locally, including those here (purely if they wish to be)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hols4Heroes

With it being fathers day today, there is a function here for those visiting, more poignant that some of our guests are having their first or second fathers days without their Daddy.

3. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Thanks for update,

That sunburn from driving the convertible must be hell!

4. Surely you didn't pay for personalised number plates.

5. Hols4Heroes

I paid for them, £800 from my own money.

It hides the ages of the vehicles, raises the profile, and as a result a golfer from Le Torre who wasn't aware, saw them all together, and wrote a cheque for 2500 Euro.

To avoid any confusion and any hints that money is being wisted, the convertible was gifted, the S60 is one of my old vehicles and the boat is on loan for two years if I squared the repairs (which is kindly being done in return for beer at a military establishment)

6. Excelent question Jarrod!!!

7. That's what I said surely YOU didn't pay for them you fucking daft soft cunt.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Yes it was if you'd read what I'd posted.

9. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You know Jarrod, you'll have to be careful or you'll come across as all affectionate and caring!

10. Hols4Heroes

My opening post should have been clearer remembering the audience here.

Verdi, should you be unhappy with anything being provided by the organisation that takes up the time of a great many people providing so much for our wounded and bereaved, send me the details of anything you have donated and i will arrange a refund.

If it was just a snipe, without thought and bandwagon outrage jumping........ do me a favour, if you are a Piccadilly cowboy, ask your welfare officer about us, alternatively call your SRR welfare team, they were over on a RECCE two weeks ago, am sure the Garrison team will put your concerns to rest.

11. I am ! It's always nice to hear some feedback from this very important work. I'd probably even do foreplay with him and maybe a reacharound.

12. Is the Paypal donate working again?

13. Hols4Heroes

No not yet, it maybe some time before it is.

14. Bugger. I'll think of an alternative as I still owe you ...

15. Hols4Heroes

Anal?.......

HSBC is always favourable.

Holidays4heroes
    Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081