Hols4heroes (Mothers Day quickie)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Mar 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

People, sorry to bombard you for the third time in three weeks. Just trying to work a small miracle.

Two single mums have become pretty much inseperable over previous months due to a common denominator, they both lost their sons in Afganistan.

I'm trying to arrange for them to receive a week in Spain, so that I can have the tickets etc with them for Sunday (Mothers day)

For this I need to raise £266 by lunchtime tomorrow.

Anything that can be done will be epic.

Holidays4heroes: HSBC
    Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

Will stick a sitrep up in a couple of hours.
  2. This gonna sound a bit jack, but I mean it in the nicest possible way.

I thought Hols4heroes was for helping squaddies? Injured, fallen on hard times, PTSD, generally fucked bods in need of some R&R?

Now it's families? Is it grandparents next?

Don't get me wrong, you're doing a sterling and worthwhile thing, but scope creep can happen. Next thing you know you've got your eyes well off the ball.

Just a thought. If it gets me banned again or on ROPs, so be it. I feel it needs bringing up tis all.

I lost a really good mate, and another topped himself. Having a week in the sun won't bring them back.
  3. Money I would have spent on dog food this month coming your way via HSBC.
  4. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Fair question, but its by no means the first time we've sent parents of.

We send widows too, that also won't bring their husbands back, we send children of, doesn't bring their dads home either.

You seem surprised that its families, nothing new, the very first batch of guests to Spain were families.

All I can say is if a particular case isn't something that you feel warrants assistance, simply don't donate. We run from an empty account, so each beg / scrounge is case specific so there is little risk of monies being spent on something something you aren't happy with.

No eyes off the ball, no loss of focus, its quite clear what we do on the website and has been more than clear in each scrounge what the case entails.

I am against the clock on this one, so could we not have this debate on this thread. Chuck a PM together and I'll answer it the best I can when I've got these two ladies away.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. It's all good. It's your train set. Just thought I'd ask.
  6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Fuck off you scrounging bastard, your always after money and yet no pics off these Milfs you keep sending ever appear. Money sent fast pay so will be clear within a couple of hours.
  7. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

£185 to go
  8. That should be covered.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Lovescud, give us a sitrep, because if I'm going to go overdrawn, I want to do it in style.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. You can't call me at 4am. My phone blocks your calls at night.
  11. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Job Jobbed in this one, many thanks to all for a speedy responce.

I'll tell them to pack a bag!
  12. Send us the photos of them clamjousting within the next 10 days ya cunt.
    • Like Like x 1