Hols4heroes (June - fresh one)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Jun 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will call job jobbed on the other June case. Many thanks to all who donated and took part in auctions etc.

Had a call in yesterday from a bloke who has bubbled his pal. He'd discovered that since splitting up from his Mrs he'd ended up homeless, feeling duty bound to send everything he had in support of his family.

His accounts have been closed down, lost his job literally all he had is a buffalo (which I'll buy off him :D) and what he stands up in. He feels useless because he can no longer support his kids and hasn't seen them for 10 weeks, he feels ashamed to let them see him like this.

We took him off his 5 star park bench yesterday and put him in a 2 star B&B for the night, today the quest to home him and find him a job starts, as well as getting a couple of decent meals down him.

I've got SSAFA involved and also after speaking to his Mrs, combat stress.

I'm going to find him some accommodation, and ensure he immediately claims all the benefits he's entitled to. But in the meantime its time for the Hols4heroes QRF to fire up the love bus and try to sort him out before SSAFA et al join the party for long term help etc.

Not sure whats needed yet, but I imagine another three or four nights in the B&B before I've found a pad, then perhaps assistance to a bond and some rent.

I've got some white goods and a bed left over from a couple of donations over the last couple of months, and SSAFA generally tip up with stuff like that.

He also needs some clothes, so will ensure he gets squared away.

11 years served, giz a lift to get him back on his feet, should be a nice simple on to sort out.

Paypal: info@Holidays4heroes.org

Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081
  2. More to follow ref 'the Mrs' she is OK, none fault break up of marraige, she's struggling because of niaivity regarding help she's entitled to etc.

No family to turn to and doing her best with three young kids. Relevant agencies will be informed today and I'm about to send £100 in Tesco / Asda vouchers because its quite apparent she is struggling to feed the nippers at the mo. Also told her not to worry about school uniforms etc as she is panicking about September and needing shoes and making what she has last.
  3. If needed, I have access to the items previously promised by sluggy, one tiny dishwaher, dining table and 4 chairs.
  4. Money will be incoming tomorrow via paypal when I'm paid.
  5. Donation on way via bank transfer
  6. Jesus its never ending.

Royal Anglian widow........ kids of 3 & 5

More to follow

Help ?

Details at bottom of top post
  7. What little remaining shekels I have sent via Paypal.
    More will follow when paid.
  8. Send list of items needed , re household goods and size for clothes , located south of england want to help but got no dosh at the moment , spent it all on an SLR :) . Oh and "bump"
    PM if need be .
  9. Can you post up the bank details please.
  10. Bank details bottom of first post ? HSBC and sort code etc ?
  11. The Polski's lodgers are in with a long term monthly direct debit of £25 as of 01/07/2009.

This will be through the HSBC.
  12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Cant offer any cash until middle July but I have a gash unlocked Sony Ericson mobile for the first lad if you need.
  13. HSBC: Holidays4heroes

Sort code: 40-12-09
    Acct No: 41416081
  14. Tell you what mate I got loads of pairs of jeans I tried flogging on ebay that didn't go, loads pairs of W32 L32 if that would help? PM me an address to send em to and I'll forward em on, also would loveee to make a donation to such a just cause I got paypal so I can sort out a few quid if it will help, lets
  15. MDN Send me an email/PM. If its close to me in the North West I can possibly rustle up some clothes and maybe some furniture....money incoming in July.

If accommodation required locally again PM me.

In the meantime I will be rattling my tin tomorrow for yourselves during Armed Forces celebrations in town.