Hols4heroes (January 2013)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Jan 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

A successful Christmas, and a total of 36 families and servicemen past and present benefited from our Chrimbo campaign.

Many thanks to all who contributed, i'll try to work out how to scan some of the thankyou letters and cards received>

Latest Jan info

After a month or so of begging, scrounging, blagging, stealing of spare parts, tyres, discs, pads, filters mechanics time etc our two people carriers are back on the road with full MOTs, shiney new bits and a clean bill of health for the upcoming season.

I'm begging for help with the following however.........

The wagons are set to return in a fortnight, ready for work mid February. I've got to get them there however, and that comes at a quite hefty cost.

Ive got the drivers, the wagons are full of things like bedding, barbeques, spares, you name it, we have it for another season.

The insurance is steep, and the fuel is around £330each vehicle to get them there, plus £66 each for the channel tunnel.

With the insurance, we are looking to raise about £1735 to put us in a position to operate the vehicles and get them where they need to be for the year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thankfully both were salvageable and deemed reliable by a grown up, saving us a small fortune.

Why we do it

I know all you guys see is me holding out the begging bowl and asking you to fill it. I am guilty of not putting enough feedback up, its only down to being busy and the above is purely an example of the scores of similar emails received every month.

The above chap is placed for Mid may...... I just need wagons there to pick him up from the airport.

He's staying here

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Giz a lift please people, lets start this season with a proper bang!!

Holidays4heroes
    HSBC
    Sort Code: 40-12-09
    Acct Number: 41416081

If paypal is the only option please PM me.

Daily sitreps for next ten days to follow.

2. when i am back in the world of electronic banking, i will put some dosh in.!!

3. You can do it over the phone. Always remember to leave a really smutty "reference". HSBC don't find it funny, but I do.

4. msr

msr LE

Channel tunnel sorted.

5. I'm in you cunts, money sent.

• Like Like x 1
  6. well I was going to buy a new pair of shoes but I suppose I can stay in until Feburary wages get here

edit to add, incoming via Halifax OLB

Attached Files:

7. Hols4Heroes

We have a few punters who have no use for their shoes anymore. I'll see what i can source :D

• Like Like x 3
  8. Enough of the pulling of the heart strings already. Some dosh sent ya bastards

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hols4Heroes

£276.50 start, many thanks to those who've contributed and helped.

Keep pumping kindly people we've got to get these wagons back to the sunshine and back to work.

10. Incoming, not much but incoming

11. will put dosh I have saved from stopping smoking in next time I pass HSBC

12. Hols4Heroes

Keep going ladies and gents, £402.50 down.

Need to get there by Thursday next week if possible. Channel tunnel is cheapest, drivers available and weather through the Pyrenees looks favourable.

Many thanks to all so far

13. Update, please :)