Hols4heroes (Help-not cash)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Apr 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps, we've been kindly gifted some white goods etc that can be put to good use, in the London area.

I had someone lined up to pick them up this weekend but the cnut jacked on me, leaving me in the lurch somewhat.

Do we have a man in a van? Do we have a volunteer if I pay for a vehicle hire? can they be stored somewhere until midweek next week when the recipient is ready?

If you can help I'd be grateful, I don't want this kit flogging to Abdul the house clearing chogie

2. Just seen this.

Happy to help out tomorrow if unskilled labour is all that's required. Unfortunately neither van nor cache is available.

PB

3. Nice one SmellyBells, all we need now is a van.........

4. Did this get sorted?

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Whats your destination and can you get the kit onto pallets?

6. Are girls allowed to volunteer or is it just "chaps" and "a man with a van" you were after?

7. TheIronDuke

Can you work with pallet wrap and straps?

8. No. I wasn't aware it was a requirement.

9. It was 3 weeks ago.

10. TheIronDuke

Essential m'dear. Elf 'n Safety you know?

Pallet wrap, pallet straps, some stout ropes, maybe a couple of ratchet straps. Best bring a ball-gag in case.... sorry. Ball pin. What? IT WAS A TYPO, PERVERTS. A ball pin hitch for the Sankey. Jesus.

Take no notice of these weirdo's m'dear. You bring the van. I'll bring the kit.

11. No still not sorted and at risk of losing kit to Achmed the house emptier.

I had someone lined up and let me down, made me look a cnut.

The kit is in London and needs to come North or be stored somewhere until the recipient is ready to recieve.

12. I am in the North and am happy to store for you. If my house is not an appropriate location for storage then I will endevour to find a place that is, I may be able to collect some items for you I am down London area on the 14,15,18,19 May and a date in June TBC . PM if needs be.

Dolly

13. TheIronDuke

Sounds sorted. Nice one. My guys are groupage so the drivers wont touch the load, which means fork lifts and straps, straps.

14. How much storage space are you talking? I may be able to help out an hour from London, if its no more than a half a garage worth. Could possibly persuade a fella I know with a van to take me to collect it.

15. MDN

Am in London with a big landrover and a (small) storage facility. Ready, willing and able - pls let me know if you need my help. Available on any day of your choice.