signed by the author James Holland

The book is in mint condition.

Here you can see what it looks like

hellfire_book.jpg

The auction will run for 6 days.

So, please make your bids before

Wednesday, 27th of July, 1800 hrs.

( Just to make sure, this is UK time. )

All proceeds to Holidays4Heroes, please help those who have given so much.

Thank you for your support !

Special thanks to old_fat_and_hairy, who donated the book and will cover P&P as well. :thumright:

Link to the Book Review on ARRSE.

By bidding or taking part in the auctions in any way, you approve tacitly the Auction Rules.​

The review on ARRSE:

Hellfire; by James Holland
by old_fat_and_hairy

James Holland is a well-known author of historical works, including 'The Battle of Britain' and 'Heroes. He is a superb historian, a member of theGuild of Battlefield Guides and a broadcaster. He is also a great supporter of 'Help for Heroes' and a big fan of this site. Add to this that he is a damned nice bloke, and my review may be a tad biased. However, I read the book before I met him, so that may remove some of the bias.

James Holland is a fan of historical fiction, and Cornwell's 'Sharpe' books in particular, but he noticed that there wasn't much in the way of novels of this nature set in more modern times, so he created his hero; Sgt Jack Tanner. A 'Sharpe' for the 20th century. And did it well.

This book, 'Hellfire' is the third in a series, yet works very well as a stand-alone story. The narrative is set around the North African campaign, and the action takes place in Egypt of 1942. Tanner, a Sgt in the Yorks Rangers, is recovering from wounds in a hospital in Cairo. The morale of the British Army is low, having been pushed back from Tobruk by Rommel and his Afrika Corps and General Gott was killed just as he had been appointed to Commander of the Eighth Army.

An Axis spy circuit is operating in Cairo and having a devestating effect on the Allied forces with their messages and betrayal. Jack Tanner is given a battlefield comission, and whilst on sick leave, he joins with an intelligence organisation to try to find and eliminate the spy ring. Following some very active adventures, including operating behind enemy lines, Tanner rejoins his battalion in time for the big battle at El Alamein.

This is an easy book to read, and I mean that in the sense that it grips the attention, the action is fast and furious and the characters come to life. In fact, a great many of the characters in this book were real, and the fictional ones meld in nicely and urge the story along.

I can heartily recommend this book; it's fun, exciting and informative. I would also suggest getting hold of the others in the series;'The Odin Mission: Darkest Hour and Blood of Honour'. Get to know Jack Tanner and enjoy his exploits.

4 mushroom heads.

old_fat_and_hairy

Congratulation, Cabana !!

For £15 the signed book is yours.

Thank you for supporting Hols4Heroes.

Same to everyone else who bid as well.
And a BIG thanks to old_fat_and_hairy who donated the item.

Please transfer the money to the following account:

Bank: Holidays4heroes
HSBC
Sort: 40-12-09
Acct: 41416081

IBAN: GB29MIDL40120941416081
Swift: MIDLGB2120G

And afterwards please PM me confirmation details of the payment
and the address you want to have your book sent to.​