Hols4heroes (Haulage enquiry)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Hols4Heroes, Sep 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Our fleet of wagons are tired after grafting long and hard for two full seasons, they need to return to the UK to either be part exchanged, serviced, MOT'd and all the gubbins involved with operating vehicles on the continent.

Does anyone know anyone in the haulage or vehicle transporting game who may be able to help?

Vehicles are 1 x Renault Grand Espace

and 1 x Toyota Estima previa

and a rag top Volvo C70

They are currently in the Costa Calida region of Southern and need to be brought back to the North West of the UK.

Arrse usually can reach out pretty much everywhere so thought I'd ask here before putting the feelers out.

Cheers peoples.

Editted to add, its too pricey to drive them back and after they've been worked so hard am not 100% confiendent into the reliability of them taking on a 1600km road trip.
  2. Hols4Heroes

Bugger, drawn a blank.
  3. Auction them on a drive-it-home-yourself basis, and throw a few days in an apartment in as well.

Then get replacements locally.
  4. I'd have thought they'd be fine being driven back - I just drove back to the UK (then on to Ireland, then back again) in a 9 year old van with 240,000 on the clock, 20k late for it's last service

Sourcing transport locally seems logical as well - technically a foreign registered car should be re registered after 30 days. Wasn't that a surprise when Barcelona coppers took my last van off me for just over a month while paperwork was sorted out
  5. Hols4Heroes

They aren't up to being driven back. THats a non starter.

THe autopmatic gearbox in one is playing up and the thought of being stuck in the Pyrennes is as funny as a wart on the bellend.
  6. It'd cost a shed load of money to get them back. It's going to be an unusual operator that'd deliver there and return empty. Lot of diesel.
    Mr Stobart feeling charitable ?
  7. Hols4Heroes

Because there are so many ex pats and failed expats going too and from UK its a common occurance and not as expensive as you'd think.

Petrol and ferry to self drive would be around Euro 600 each, operators in the past have charged us 400 per vehicle.

Sadly he died at the wheel in France so is unable to help :D
  8. Could you join the "AA European Recovery" somehow? Are the cars on Spanish number plates?
    European breakdown cover | AA

Could Help 4 Heroes help you? maybe they have some contacts?
  9. 400 is very cheap
  10. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Driving is an absolute non starter mate. Much too expensive and vehicles unreliable for such a distance.
  11. Invite some ARRSEers over for a couple of days. Give them the keys to the vehicles and a few slabs of beer.

Your problems will soon be at an end.
  12. Porridge_gun

I'd just have vehicles covered in the fanny batter of the ugliest crawl attendees and a gallon of semen from Jarrod wheres he's masterbated in the shadows of my awesomeness..... And still have the problem of haulage
    • Like Like x 1
  13. can't they be sold locally? To save the cost of shipping them back to UK to sell?

I realise that they are an "asset" to the organisiation but if their value (especially the one with the goosed tranny) is less than the shipping/repairs etc, might even pay to cut your losses and weigh them in there?

edited to add, just notice they are both RHD, I'm guessing they are still brit registered? that would lower their value locally
  14. Does Guzzler or Mac-Uk know anyone, Guzzler is always on the continent.
    I could help drive if its a class 2 truck.
  15. Porridge_gun

No, they need to be MOT'd and either part exchanged or sold, they have to be returned to the UK.