Hols4heroes (Finishing the summer)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Jul 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Now that the summer hols are here, we've got the final 11 or so families who I have placed, but am struggling to raise air fares.

Villas, vehicles, insurances, days out etc are all catered for, am just trying to physically get them to Spain.

Below I've put a brief breakdown of the first six cases, more to follow.

1. L/cpl (infanteer) plus wife and baby. Double above knee amputee, injured in blast in Afghan early in 2012, still in chair as prosthetics unsuitable at minute.

Cost to get them away as baby is only £20 – therefore £484 would get them away 20-29th July, in time for return to Headley court for further treatment

2. Sgt (inf) plus wife and two kids. Single Amputee and other blast related injuries, on a prosthetic, looks a treat in shorts. Still under Headley court so able to go 26th July – 3rd August

Cost - £687

3. Widow plus mother of KIA & 2 children – Tom killed in Afghan last year, widow very very young, not taken things too well, left with two young children, very close to his parents, mother would go with them 29th July-7th August

Cost -£770

4. Two mothers of two young lads, bonded and formed a close friendship as a result of sons being killed a week apart.

Cost - £380

5. Cpl – (inf) plus wife and child, 3 x 7.62 gunshots to chest and legs, still serving, hopefully returning to a training role

Cost - £540

6. Widow – left with a 4 month old baby, now 2 years old, wants to travel with her mother

Cost - £465

Five more to follow, the total for all cases is £5780 this is purely for flights - I know the total is a tall order and there are campaigns going on elsewhere.

As the amounts raised rises, I'll tick off the cases.

Holidays4heroes
    HSBC
    Sort code: 40-12-09
    Acct number: 41416081

Apart from any fastballs we get, this will pretty much conclude the summer, and considering we are in a recession and every pound is harder and harder to find, we should just about pull it off.

Many thanks to all who have already helped, lets just get these last few away.

2. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Pennies sent

3. some incoming, on reflection I don't really need to get that pissed tonight, do I?

4. Not much sent. Will send a but more next week.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

5. See what I can through in to the hat, but am a bit brassic just now.

Will also link this to my Facebook for a wider audience.

6. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

A bit more into the pot.

Bump this in August and I'll chuck some more in.

Wordsmith

7. Small sum sent, wish it could be more!

8. Bumping before it falls off the 1st page!

9. If it can wait until payday then I'll check some pennies at it - the little one is limiting spare funds ATM, but I'll send what I can spare!

10. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Not sure how that would work, but you're welcome to send me a cheque if you like and I'll make sure it's paid into the correct account. PM me if you'd like to do that please.

11. Dosh sent and a bump

12. some sent

13. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Sitrep as at 17:54 hrs

1 Family jobbed, flights booked.

Awesome start!!

Keep pumping

• Like Like x 1
  14. Money just sent via mobile phone banking. I'll have a few less sambuca's next week on holiday.

Sent from beyond the grave using the Force.

15. Yes I'm the numpty, but how do I send a few sheckles?