Hols4heroes (Falklands Vet flogging gongs)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Oct 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Falklands Sapper flogs his gongs

As it happens Florida is amongst our list of venues for next year. Today will be mainly spent trying to convince him to cancel the auction and keep his gongs and assuring him that he will be able to send him. (Theme parks over there have also informed us that our veterans and cases will gain entry to their facilities free of charge)

Failing that it looks like we'll have to win the auction, have his medals given back to him (After being mounted in time for Nov 11th)

Personally I'd do the same, my medals would go long before anything else if it meant providing for my family, however, this appears to be exactly what Holidays4heroes is about.

Paypal: info@holidays4heroes.org

Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

There is only one day of the auction left, lets see if we can make a difference to this poorly Sapper, his family and his self pride.
  2. 50 squids sent.
  3. copied onto the Sappers Forum and incoming via Paypal.

I can probably get a free Vila next to Disney for a week too.

MM :D
  4. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Can't add anything while at work, but will drop something in the pot when I get home tonight.

5. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Splendid, just emailled Delta and American Airlines, provided they don't drive our Sapper into a skyscraper I've attempted to blag some discount of transatlantic flights.
  6. Let me know when you are thinking of and I will see what dates I can blag.
  7. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Well we definitley have the villa in Florida just need the flights now and a car naturally
  8. Bumpy.
  9. I've thrown in a few quid. It's good to see people supporting our lads. I hope the family have a great trip despite the difficult circumstances and I'm sure they'll be well received across the pond.
  10. Come on fellas hands in pockets even a few squids will help. we CANNOT let him sell these.

Really fricks me off though when you see things like this but the government will happily spend money to send 'thugs and reprobates' on jollies to try and reform them...cnuts.
  11. Absolutely right. If he is as ill as stated then his kids should inherit these, not a medal collector!

Dig deep.

12. Incoming and BUMP!
  13. Money sent via Paypal.
  14. £20 just sent via Paypal