Hols4Heroes: copy of "Extreme Risk" signed by Chris Hunter

Signed copy of "Extreme Risk - A Life Fighting the Bombmakers" by Major Chris Hunter

ends Tuesday 2 August

payment to Hols4Heroes in usual way

I will pay postage

my pleasure - I would bid a large amount for an evening out with the rather lovely Chris Hunter :) :) so asking him to sign my book was a treat

This exciting book is still at £20 with Tiger Stacker. :)

Book Description

The explosive new military non-fiction title from the author of Eight Lives Down

Product Description
In this edgy, fast-paced and incredibly moving account, Chris Hunter chronicles the remarkable journey of a teenager with few hopes and limited prospects who went on to become one of the most successful counter-terrorism operators in Britain.

Hunter depicts his grueling officer training at Sandhurst, and afterwards as a young troop commander in Bosnia. He describes how, as a bomb disposal operator in Northern Ireland and Iraq, he witnessed horrendous acts of terrorism and recounts the methods he employed to outsmart the terrorists who repeatedly tried to target him.

Hunter takes us to some of the most perilous places on earth as he and his team relentlessly attempt to track down the world’s leading terrorists and disrupt their networks. A journey that takes us from the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan to the murky back-streets of Colombia and Israel. Whether he’s protecting members of the Royal Family, responding to the 2005 London suicide bombings or trying to foil Al Qaeda bomb plots, he provides a fascinating, no-holds-barred insight into a fascinating world that has rarely been documented by somebody on the inside.

By turns gritty, absorbing, and heart-breaking, this is the portrait of a man prepared to sacrifice everything for his country, but to concede nothing to the terrorists.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Having met Chris on one of the Para/SF club lunches, £40.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
a lunchtime BUMP :)

BUMP - this auction ends today................

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'll be out for a drink with the guy himself later ( and PRT unfortunately :) )

midnight :)

...............and where was my invitation to drinks tonight :( :(

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Will sort out payment today, sorry Pops, I thought PRT would have kept you in the loop on this one, as it happened Chris only stayed for one and then buggered off.

Congratulation, Joker !! :thumright:

For £40 the book is yours.

Thanks to everyone for supporting Hols4Heroes. :)

Please transfer the money to the following account:

Bank: Holidays4heroes
HSBC
Sort: 40-12-09
Acct: 41416081

IBAN: GB29MIDL40120941416081
Swift: MIDLGB2120G

And a BIG thanks to Poppy for donating the item. :hug: