Hols4heroes (3 x quickies)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Mar 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Three simple to solve cases that brings me begging once more.

1. 50 yr old ex infanteer with major PTSD issues after being involved in a rather famous incident in NI. Served 16 years, whole life is in a mess but one thing that needs addressing immediatly is his bedding and mattress. He's completley incontinent, a direct result of his illness. Been to embarrased to mention it to anyone, hence me putting it on the internet :D

I need £225 for him, mattress, protective sheet, bedding and spare, also £50 in cash as he has nothing.

2.EX Gunner - Aged 76: A widower, and was referred from the local CAB.
    He has arrears with N-Power in the region of £1,300, and is living on his overdraft of £700. I've spoken to N-Power and arranged new, up to date statements, and requested that they put him onto their "First Step Programme", where they will hopefully be able to write off some of the arrears. He was a driver for a local brewery for 15 years at one point, so I've contacted the Licensed Trade Charity, and the Professional Drivers Foundation...they've both agreed to accept a Form A and will consider helping financially, as he meets their criteria.

Is there any chance of helping in some small way with immediate needs, until further funding from the above sources has been processed please? That way I can make sure his fridge, freezer. mobile phone etc are all topped up short term.

I'll probably send him £50 pw for five or six weeks until the various other agencies get their arrses in gear.

3. Ex RHF with 22 years under his belt in the distant past. Basically financially fcuked. All being dealt with by SSAFA. This one got to me as he hasn't turned his heating on since September and clambers into a dossbag at 19:30 where he stays as he can't afford heating and is paying off arrears.

Tonight is the first night in over six months he's had the heating on. Hols4heroes are paying, and will be doing until it warms up and a war pension and other help kicks in.

I need about £800 to box these off.

Giz a lift?

Paypal - info@holidays4heroes.org

HSBC

Holidays4heroes
    Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

2. Longlenny

Longlenny War Hero Book Reviewer

Pension incoming. Cnut!

3. I'm broke, (getting bust tends to give one a kick in the wallet)

My teeny tiny contribution will have to wait till the end of the month.

4. Cash incoming

5. PG/MDN - see PM's please...and we will talk tomorrow

6. Small bit from me.

7. Incoming.

Give my love to the hookers.

8. Some sent via PP...

9. BUMP!!!

10. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Pie money sent :D

11. When I saw the thread title I rather hoped it was another auction.

12. pences incoming

13. A wee bit on its way.

14. Cow

Cow LE

Flipping vortexes... you'd think squadies could get their crap together wouldn't you! Incoming..

15. The hotel staff have fleeced the blue rinse brigade again, first time this season. £105 will be paid in, with more every week :D