Hols4H - Auctioneer needed for Janes material.

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by blue-sophist, Sep 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

We've been promised the following stuff for Auction ...

Is there someone in the UK who would take delivery, photograph and auction this collection bit by bit, please?
    They're based in Coulsdon, Surrey, but they would come by post if necessary.

PM to me or email to sgt.slingsby@gmail.com

Thanks, people.

2. Sounds excellent...

The link to the landmine and UXO awareness card packs over in the Sapper Forum is to the shop of one of the Janes' Authors, he does the Mines and EOD side of Janes along with a few others, who knows, if you ask him nicely or purchase a few hundred card packs for your Units he may well chuck in a couple of signed Janes books for Hols 4 Heroes...

I'll drop him a line...

3. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

I would do the auctions, but being outside of UK would only increase mail charges. :(

4. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

YIM, If you'll do the auctions, I'll hold the stuff, photograph it for you to photobucket, and then post it to the auction winners. Let me know what you think.

Team Auction, here we come!

5. YesItsMe

We are the perfect team, aren't we ?? [​IMG]

6. blue-sophist

If that's the decision - I'll pass the address on.

RAFB - still to Number 1? Although I guess you'll have redirection anyway.

7. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Still to Number 1. It's clean here, and free from flying debris from floor tiles, wallpaper stripping activity, plumbers and electricians.....

Ever heard that one about biting off more than you can chew? That'll be me this time, I think.

8. blue-sophist

Take it slowly - it won't go off!!

Thanks girls! :highfive:

9. I've just been informed that he donated a shed load of the Awareness Card Packs which include Mine/UXO & IED Awareness packs to Help 4 Heroes for them to raise money for the Charity and they SENT THEM BACK telling him they thought they were distasteful!!! WTF!!!!! they HELP RAISE AWARENESS especially to our servicemen and women who maybe deploying to a theatre of Ops for the first time!!! I've been a massive supporter of H4H from the very start and have raised a lot of money for them but this is ridiculous. :?

10. YesItsMe

I can only imagine something went wrong with that.

11. blue-sophist

Now the site's working again ... could a Moderator be kind enough to lock this thread?

How kind, and thanks again, Ladies ;-)