Hols for Heroes - Martin Bell's Very British Revolution - signed - ends 27/9/10

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Sep 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Thanks to Auld-Yin and the Arrse Book Club I have a paperback copy of this book, which includes quotes from Arrse and Rum Ration, signed by the author, with the dedication ' Army Rumour Service'. Its subtitle is 'The Expenses Scandal and How To Save Our Democracy'.

Martin Bell is a great supporter of forces charities and tells some great stories of his time as a National Serviceman. It's wonderful that he's signed this book for Holidays for Heroes.

The auction will end at 1800 on 27th September, UK Time. Postage is included in the price. As usual all proceeds to Holidays for Heroes

Attached Files:

2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Didn't realise that we'd been quoted in there. Any chance you could copy some of the quotes to us pse? TIA

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

I don't actually have the books, GCO, I'm acting as agent for Auld-Yin, who kindly blagged the books and the signatures at the recent Edinburgh Book Festival.

He checks in here often, so I hope he'll oblige you.

Snigger.

4. £10............................

5. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thanks for starting this one, tick.

6. £15............................

7. £20 :razz: .............

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

BCO

I sent an email to GCO once I had read the book with the quotes. I will dig out and forward.

Just for attention of those bidding. I have to say that I was naughty and have used highlighter to mark out the quotes so please bear that in mind when you bid.

Martin Bell is extremely supportive of the armed forces and when I mentioned I was from Arrse he broke into a great big grin and said very loudly, how he liked Arrse. Note sure how that went down with the rest of the people in the queue!!! :)

9. Grownup_Rafbrat

At £20 with rockape34 then, folks. Any advance?

10. Grownup_Rafbrat

Still at £20. Any more bids, please, ladies and gentlemen?

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Any advance on £20?

12. Auld-Yin

There were plent of Arrsers who were interested in the MPs Expenses Scandal when it was all the rage last year. Now is your chance to get the story from someone who has been there, got the t-shirt and still has good connections with MPs.

It is a great read and owrth a good punt on here for a copy signed by Martin.

13. £25...................

14. Auld-Yin

Cheers mate

15. Grownup_Rafbrat

Great bids, thank you. Any more?