Hols for Heroes Auction - W/O Paderborn and Pte Bastion

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
The latest bear auction starts here on Monday, folks.

W/O Paderborn is a retired Cold War bear wearing a wooly pully (see previous auctions for pictures). http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=125797.html

He is very proud of his nephew, Pte Bastion, who, thanks to the generosity of an arrser, is wearing a UBACS.

The auction will run from Monday to Sunday, and the winner will receive the bears by post as soon as the money reaches MDN's funds.

Start emptying your coin jars!

GRB

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
That's very generous, kind sir.

Needle and thread given impetus by such an offer.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
After a gruelling session with the cameras, the first photos are available.

The two bears have been visiting the Nurburgring today, and have been posing with a very fast motor.

Attachments

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry, the Emperor is at home today - you can have the picture twice or not at all!

Anyway, bidding starts tomorrow, from the £20 kindly offered by mac_uk.

Thank you.

GRB

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Good morning everyone.

The bears have spent an exciting evening wondering where their new home will be.

Please be generous - MDN's Holiday fund always needs top-ups!

Thank you.

GRB

Attachments

CountryGal

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ill bid £25.00 ;o)

GRB, throw in the Maclaren too and I'll take it to £50. It's good to see the lads sopporting a proper race team :D

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
saintstone said:
GRB, throw in the Maclaren too and I'll take it to £50. It's good to see the lads sopporting a proper race team :D
Done. I'll try to find the remote control as well (it's in a packing crate somewhere).

So, at £50 to saintstone, to include the Maclaren!

Attachments

£70 + postage to Texas (The Maclaren can still go to Saintstone though, if I win)

WarpSpasm said:
£70 + postage to Texas (The Maclaren can still go to Saintstone though, if I win)
Thank you. Most generous!

WarpSpasm said:
Cheers mate, if I don't get the bears, £30 to Hols4Heroes to make a round figure of £100 in total :D

So, that's a joint bid of £100 plus postage for two bears to Texas from WarpSpasm and Saintstone?

That's pretty amazing, chaps. Thank you!

PS The offspring 'thinks he knows' where the remote is. I'll keep you posted.

An early lunchtime BUMP.

This morning the bears have been looking at medals from before even Paderborn's time.

Attachments

A little bump to go with your afternoon tea, cucumber sandwiches and fairy cakes, folks.

And a final bump of the day from me.

As Spanish Dave says, there's always a need for money!

Just a little BUMP as we watch the tumbleweed roll by.

Looks like WarpSpasm and Sainstone have won this by a country mile!

Looks like you might have nailed it, Saints and Warps, but I do feel we should leave the auction open until the promised date.

You'll have to wait until Sunday until you know you've got the car. (And I'm still wondering how to wrap it up!)

Good morning folks.

Any further bids on these two most excellent bears?

Today they have been reviewing the military hardware chez Rafbrat. The way things are going, it will be needed for operational deployment soon.

Attachments