Hols for Heroes at Weymouth Veterans Weekend 12/13 June

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Jan 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

The lovely people at Weymouth have allocated a space to Hols 4 Heroes / Help them out to have a stall at this year's Weymouth Veterans' weekend.

Can anyone help us with

- a stall (to fit a space about twelve feet square, preferably
    - a shelter/gazebo/tent thingy
    - lots of lovely volunteers to take turns selling stuff, handing out leaflets and generally praising MDN's loveliness.
    - volunteers to help set up and take down the stall.

I will provide a range of home made cakes for volunteers to scoff throughout the weekend, and if that's not reward enough, you'll get to meet Blue_Sophist!

Stands back and waits to be mown down in the rush ......
  2. Grownup_Rafbrat

OK, folks. We have an offer of trestle tables and a gazebo thingy, we have stuff to sell, cake to eat, chairs to sit on, and hot drinks.

All we need is some kind arrsers who are willing to give an hour or two of their time, either on the Saturday or the Sunday, to sell stuff, hand out leaflets, and absorb the atmosphere of this rather wonderful event.

Here's a link to the event's website, and I can say from my experience last year that it's well worth a trip, as proved by the thousands who come from all over the country to be there.
  3. Possible, but too early in the year to lock in the diary with biz travel etc. Will check back in May.
  4. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thanks, Banker. I'll put you down as a possible.
  5. engr172

engr172 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I am a possible. Will see when what dates I am back from Normandy and get back to you
  6. Put me down as a possible... I live just up the road from there ... went last year didn't see anyone though.

No1 daughter shamed me by *shudders at memory* speaking to the excrabs of the RAFA and .... making noises about .. oh the shame... joining the RAF. Still she is only 5 so plenty of time to get her to straighten out and fly right... i mean ... D'ohh.
  7. That'd be former-No. 1 daughter, surely?
  8. No, she's still No1 daughter (only one). I'm working on her to get the...out of system. I won't tempt fate by mentioning them by name.
  9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Take her to the Museum of Army Flying up at Wallop. That should straighten her out. If it doesn't, just get Flashy to do the job .....
  10. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thanks, Guys, I'll add you to my list of possibles, and make contact nearer the time.

The more volunteers we have the shorter the shifts they have to do.
  11. You can add me and the other half as a possible, shifts pending. Off work for a couple of weeks but I'll get back to you with a yes/no when I can.
  12. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thank you Mr and Mrs Pegasus. The more the merrier
  13. You think I'm letting my daughter near Flashy? Are you insane, or do you think I am?
  14. Grownup_Rafbrat

I refuse to answer that question, on the grounds I might incriminate someone!

15. I'd be afraid for Flashy... very afraid. If he took on my daughter that is ... a redheaded 5 year old with Scots/Irish ancestry?