Hols for Heroes - 11 September Memorial Bear 'Hope' ends 3.9.10

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Aug 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Many thanks to people who have been offering me auction items whilst YesItsMe has been out of action.

One of these superstars, monty417, has kindly donated this little bear. Apparently people were leaving bears as tributes after the Twin Towers came down, so this little 'official' bear was sold. She's called 'Hope' and comes with her own numbered certificate.

This auction will end on 3rd September at 1800 UK Time. Monty417 has kindly offered to pay postage to the winner. Proceeds (as always) go to Holidays for Heroes/Help Them Out. There's always a need for proceeds!

(And YesItsMe is on the mend, hoping to be back in auction action imminently (or within a couple of weeks))

Attached Files:

2. I'll get the ball rolling with a tenner.

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thanks, Recce. Are you cornering the market in small bears these days?

Here's a slightly better picture of the certificate (with thanks to monty for his technocratic ability, from me the technopeasant)

Attached Files:

4. Haha, it seems that way, doesn't it!...btw, the Koala arrived the other day and my daughter is well chuffed with it! :)

5. £14-7s-6d os gwelwch yn dda ^~

6. £20 from me.

7. £25 and a Bay City Rollers CD.

8. Like **** you are having my BCR! I use that to annoy people.

9. One question....Why??

Are we going to flog an 'Iwo Jima' bear too or just sticking to chad-valley publicised tat with a '11/9'* cuddly toy?

One hopes youre going to do a follow up with a 'Warren Point Bear' and an 'Omagh teddy'? Seems only apt if you want to make dosh for the chaidee.

*The British calendar correctly states the date of the AQ terrorist attacks on the World Trade Centre as 11th Sept 2001 which means, if you wish to abbreviate; 11/09/01. Unless of course as a Brit youd like to start using 'mom', 'math' and 'color' as your preferred syntax..... in which case you may as well shoot your **** off with a Perdey up 'n' under.

Oh I'm sorry. I bid £3.25p

10. Hm, I bought the teddy of you. Will you pay £3.50 to watch me ******* burn it?

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Because it was donated, and because it raises money for Hols for Heroes.

Do we need another reason?

As to your 'nine shillings and elevenpence' or 'ninth of november' anger, I fully agree. Which is why I avoided using it on the header. I also use both a knife and a fork whilst I eat!

Anyway, back on track. The bear is at £25 with Dale the Snail, preferably without the BCR CD, because I don't think I could auction that, even on arrse!

Beach Baby.

12. £26 and hopefully you'll scratch the **** out of that shit CD!

13. Grownup_Rafbrat

How about I auction 'ideas for destroying Dales BCR CD'? We could have a poll to pick the winner.

Thanks for the bid, recce.

14. Could be a goer.... especially if she's made to do it herself and youtube it!! :twisted:

15. Grownup_Rafbrat

Maybe we could get Les McKeown to watch!