• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Holocaust Memorial Stunt

Rant warning.

This has made me more angry than anything has for a very long time.

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2005/01/304445.html

What sort of person hijacks the 60th anniversary of the Holocaust and the death of one and a half million children for his own political ends? Is nothing sacred anymore? Would this cnut have made his protest if there was going to be no publicity? I despise people like this, he's only interested in his own media profile and in promoting his own 'radical' credentials. Has he forgotten that it was this country that single-handedly stood up to Hitler in 1940, and that it was that defiance that led to America supporting us in the days before Pearl Harbour and that this country won the war and saved millions more from the camps?

Shallow, mincing, posturing b@stard.

"He spoke out against the UK's asylum system which often sees those seeking asylum from genocide and persecution turned away."

Really whats this? Ohh you mean the joke of an assylum system we have which lets anyone with a pulse in, and only few cases deported? Yeah we're real bastards, bet we are ahead of North Korea at this speed?

And it was sick doing in this part of the year. Basically just an attention whore hoop bandit who thought this would be a good oppurtunity to whore.

Rant received, amplified and re-tx'ed to everyone. What sort of fcuker is this tw@t?

Give me a target indication and I'll willingly (ex)spend copious lead hornets in his direction. :idea:

Silly idiot - if he has made his protest in a more subtle way and at a more appropriate time, the git probably would have got some support from those who attended the Memorial. And apparently he was an official invited guest as well.

This from the same man who said:
PETER TATCHELL says new research confirms that most homophobes are self-loathing, repressed homosexuals.

Research by US psychologists suggests that 80 percent of men who are homophobic have secret homosexual feelings. This finding lends scientific support to the long-standing speculation that those who shout the loudest against homosexuality have something to hide.
The bisexual American black nationalist leader, MALCOLM X, was a forceful advocate of self-help and community empowerment. PETER TATCHELL argues that self-reliance is also the key to queer emancipation.
8O 8O 8O

I too am outraged, at this.

This is an important time for every one to reflect on the past.

This idiot needs shooting!!

Makes you wonder if some one is gonna try and steal the limelight on May 8th 60th VE day!!

Campaigner pleads for asylum seekers at Holocaust Memorial Day
Gay Human Rights campaigner and OutRage! activist Peter Tatchell was arrested this afternoon at Westminster Hall, Palace of Westminster, after the Holocaust Memorial commemoration for pleading with attendees as they filed out of the hall not to let the Holocaust happen again.

He spoke out against the UK's asylum system which often sees those seeking asylum from genocide and persecution turned away. He named-and-shamed Tory leader Michael Howard who was in attendance for his party's election commitment to institute a quota system for the acceptance of those seeking asylum.

"'Never Again', today means not closing our doors to refugees fleeing persecution. Don't let Michael Howard dishonour the victims of the Holocaust with his quotas for asylum seekers. 'Never Again' means never again!" said Mr Tatchell

Mr Tatchell was arrested under the Contempt of Parliament Act which allows the police to detain him indefinitely - though it is expected that he will be released this evening.

The ceremony will be broadcast on BBC2 tonight at 7pm. The programme features horrific images of Nazi concentration camps and moving testimony from survivors, many of whom started a new life in the UK. However, as we remember those who died at the hands of the Nazis, today many asylum seekers await deportation back to the countries they have fled.

Aunty:
Campaigner pleads for asylum seekers at Holocaust Memorial Day
Gay Human Rights campaigner and OutRage! activist Peter Tatchell was arrested this afternoon at Westminster Hall, Palace of Westminster, after the Holocaust Memorial commemoration for pleading with attendees as they filed out of the hall not to let the Holocaust happen again.

He spoke out against the UK's asylum system which often sees those seeking asylum from genocide and persecution turned away. He named-and-shamed Tory leader Michael Howard who was in attendance for his party's election commitment to institute a quota system for the acceptance of those seeking asylum.

"'Never Again', today means not closing our doors to refugees fleeing persecution. Don't let Michael Howard dishonour the victims of the Holocaust with his quotas for asylum seekers. 'Never Again' means never again!" said Mr Tatchell

Mr Tatchell was arrested under the Contempt of Parliament Act which allows the police to detain him indefinitely - though it is expected that he will be released this evening.

The ceremony will be broadcast on BBC2 tonight at 7pm. The programme features horrific images of Nazi concentration camps and moving testimony from survivors, many of whom started a new life in the UK. However, as we remember those who died at the hands of the Nazis, today many asylum seekers await deportation back to the countries they have fled.

ENDS

And not the first time either, this is 2001:

TATCHELL CONFRONTS HAGUE, RELIGIOUS LEADERS

Notorious British gay activist Peter Tatchell slipped through a security cordon four times Jan. 27 to confront Tory party leader William Hague and the leaders of Britain’s Jewish, Catholic and Anglican religions.

The confrontations occurred at the National Holocaust Memorial Day Commemoration at Westminster Central Hall.

Tatchell confronted Chief Rabbi Jonathan Sacks first, telling him: “I hope you will remember the words of tolerance and compassion spoken here tonight next time there is a vote on gay human rights. Your support for Section 28 causes great pain to the gay community.”

Section 28 is an 11-year-old law that prohibits cities from “intentionally promot[ing] homosexuality” or teaching “the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship” in schools.

According to Tatchell, Sacks responded: “Peter, I hear the pain of the gay community.”

Tatchell replied: “If you hear our pain, please do not vote again to support discrimination against homosexuals. Don’t deny us human rights.”

Sacks responded, “Thank you Peter, I am listening.”

After being ejected from the hall, Tatchell re-entered and confronted Catholic Cardinal Murphy O’Connor and Archbishop of Canterbury George Carey.

He said: “Your support for discrimination against homosexuals colludes with the prejudice that makes possible awful crimes like the Holocaust. It is wrong for you to endorse the humanitarian values of this commemoration, and then continue to oppose the repeal of Section 28 and the equalization of the age of consent.”

Carey replied, “Yes, I understand what you are saying.” O’Connor said: “Very well. We will see.”

Tatchell was again removed from the hall but later found his way back in and confronted Conservative Party leader William Hague, saying, “Please remember tonight’s message of tolerance and compassion next time there is a vote on Section 28.”

Hague said: “Thank you, Peter. Don’t worry, I will.” Hague then made a hasty exit with his startled wife, Ffion, Tatchell said.
http://www.baywindows.com/news/2001/02/08/WorldNews/International.Briefs-36011.shtml

Seems like his interests at Memorial Day isn't neccesarily to do with remembering the events of the Holocaust but a chance to publicise whatever his current cause is. Tw@t.

quote]"'Never Again', today means not closing our doors to refugees fleeing persecution. Don't let Michael Howard dishonour the victims of the Holocaust with his quotas for asylum seekers. 'Never Again' means never again!" said Mr Tatchell [/quote]

So exactly what is Gaylord after? more servant boys? Prettier foot maids.

Amazing how a "campaigner" can liken the holocaust to "gay rights"

Fcuk him the shirt lifting cnut. If he has that much disrespect for the holocaust survivors that he feels that his plight is equivelant, maybe he should go and lie in a coffin sized box for 5 years with the constant threat of death hanging over him. I might listen to him then. Until then he is a bandwagon jumping cnut of the worst kind.

On the immigration front, Howard is right. What I can't understand (if I was a Politico) is this.

Howard is proposing the Australian system

Australia is an ally and a friendly country

Bliar (and his lying crony cnuts) have derided Howards proposals and accused him of being racist

WHY has no one on the Tory side challenged Billy Liar and said -

"We have viewed the rest of the civilised world, we have chosen the example of the Commonwealth member of Australia to copy. Is the Right Cnutable Fcukwittable member accusing Australia of being a racist country?"

Has he forgotten that it was this country that single-handedly stood up to Hitler in 1940
He obviously did. Or like the rest of us, he remembered that Canada, Australia , South Africa , India and New Zealand did as well. In fact South Africa was the second "Allied" country to declare war on Germany. Sorry to be a pedant, and I'd have thought as a history buff, you might have remembered that Awol? :D

Thatchell is an attention seeking screaming Queen , and an absolute facista , when it comes to Homosexual 'rights' . But, who was it again, that made a bloody good noise (almost in isolation) about the Zimbabwe tour, when this Government stuck it's head in the sand? Who was it that got rolled in the gutter by Mugabe's goons? At least he had the b*lls to have a pop.Ok, it wasn't much of a pop , but damn me, he had a go.

Yes, he could have handled it better, especially as he was invited.Maybe one day Thatchell will realise that a little moderation in his old age might go a long way.

First They Came for the Jews

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.
Pastor Martin Niemöller
Only to be silent is wrong.

Beebs

PartTimePongo said:
Has he forgotten that it was this country that single-handedly stood up to Hitler in 1940
He obviously did. Or like the rest of us, he remembered that Canada, Australia , South Africa , India and New Zealand did as well. In fact South Africa was the second "Allied" country to declare war on Germany. Sorry to be a pedant, and I'd have thought as a history buff, you might have remembered that Awol? :D

Thatchell is an attention seeking screaming Queen , and an absolute facista , when it comes to Homosexual 'rights' . But, who was it again, that made a bloody good noise (almost in isolation) about the Zimbabwe tour, when this Government stuck it's head in the sand? Who was it that got rolled in the gutter by Mugabe's goons? At least he had the b*lls to have a pop.Ok, it wasn't much of a pop , but damn me, he had a go.

Yes, he could have handled it better, especially as he was invited.Maybe one day Thatchell will realise that a little moderation in his old age might go a long way.

Sorry PTP, but Canada, Australia , South Africa , India and New Zealand weren't threatened with invasion in 1940, we were. Despite the prospect of almost certain defeat we chose to fight, and it was that almost irrational decision that ultimately led to freedom for hundreds of millions of people..

The fact that Tatchell invited a punch on the nose in front of the world's cameras doesn't give him the right to violate something as sacrosanct as a Holocaust Memorial. The man's a ponce of the lowest order.

If you meant threatened with invasion Awol , then say 'Threatened with invasion' not 'stood alone' . We didn't, as I'm sure our Ocker , Canadian -eh and token Maoris will remind you :D

And I'm sure even the Americans would pop up with who quietly helped us to actually stand alone in 1940.

Being kind of old fashioned, I tend to lump the Commonwealth servicemen that fought with us as 'British', largely because as first or second generation emigrants, they were very proud of the title themselves and considered themselves British first and Canadian/Australian etc second.

Not wanting to be pedantic or anything.... :)

PartTimePongo said:
If you meant threatened with invasion Awol , then say 'Threatened with invasion' not 'stood alone' . We didn't, as I'm sure our Ocker , Canadian -eh and token Maoris will remind you :D

And I'm sure even the Americans would pop up with who quietly helped us to actually stand alone in 1940.
I thought that by "We" Awol must have been including the Commonwealth/Dominions/Empire, but I see that I was wrong.

Would have thought the Dominions' decision to declare war was just as heroically "irrational" as ours - if not more so.

Was a period in 1941 pre-Barbarossa when organised opposition to the Axis comprised:

• 1. The British Empire

2. Serbia

Don't forget Greece Hackle. They did put up quite a reasonable row against the Italians between 40-41.

Not such a good one against the Germans though . Mind you, neither did we.

they were very proud of the title themselves and considered themselves British first and Canadian/Australian etc second.
I don't think they did after Churchill arranged for so many of them to get slaughtered in the Dardanelles. Yes there was a sense of duty to the "Mother Country" , but I believe they looked at themselves as Strynes first and foremost.

Not sure about the Canadians, didn't Churchill arrange the same thing for them in a French Port he did to the Aussies in the Dardanelles?

Maybe some of our Canadian-eh or Ocker colleagues can comment?

PartTimePongo said:
Not sure about the Canadians, didn't Churchill arrange the same thing for them in a French Port he did to the Aussies in the Dardanelles?

Maybe some of our Canadian-eh or Ocker colleagues can comment?
Nah, that was Mountbatten that organised the Dieppe raid. But, in mitigation, it did achieve the following:

It made us aware that we could not land at a port town come D-day, and therefore probably saved more lives and possibly the whole invasion.
The canadians were itching for a fight & were bored & trashing stuff in the UK (it was said that all you had to do to end the war would be to give every Canadian a rifle & a motorcycle & tell him that Berlin was out of bounds).

It was part of a steep learning curve, and unfortunately the Canucks took the brunt of it.