Holocaust Memorial Stunt

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Awol, Jan 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rant warning.

This has made me more angry than anything has for a very long time.

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2005/01/304445.html

What sort of person hijacks the 60th anniversary of the Holocaust and the death of one and a half million children for his own political ends? Is nothing sacred anymore? Would this cnut have made his protest if there was going to be no publicity? I despise people like this, he's only interested in his own media profile and in promoting his own 'radical' credentials. Has he forgotten that it was this country that single-handedly stood up to Hitler in 1940, and that it was that defiance that led to America supporting us in the days before Pearl Harbour and that this country won the war and saved millions more from the camps?

Shallow, mincing, posturing b@stard.

2. "He spoke out against the UK's asylum system which often sees those seeking asylum from genocide and persecution turned away."

Really whats this? Ohh you mean the joke of an assylum system we have which lets anyone with a pulse in, and only few cases deported? Yeah we're real bastards, bet we are ahead of North Korea at this speed?

And it was sick doing in this part of the year. Basically just an attention whore hoop bandit who thought this would be a good oppurtunity to whore.

3. Rant received, amplified and re-tx'ed to everyone. What sort of fcuker is this tw@t?

Give me a target indication and I'll willingly (ex)spend copious lead hornets in his direction. :idea:

4. You obviously upset them. The link is dead

5. Link's still working from my laptop....

6. Silly idiot - if he has made his protest in a more subtle way and at a more appropriate time, the git probably would have got some support from those who attended the Memorial. And apparently he was an official invited guest as well.

This from the same man who said:
    8O 8O 8O

7. I too am outraged, at this.

This is an important time for every one to reflect on the past.

This idiot needs shooting!!

Makes you wonder if some one is gonna try and steal the limelight on May 8th 60th VE day!!

8. Still can't get it, it's giving me a 404. Someone please cut and paste

9. Quote

Campaigner pleads for asylum seekers at Holocaust Memorial Day
    Gay Human Rights campaigner and OutRage! activist Peter Tatchell was arrested this afternoon at Westminster Hall, Palace of Westminster, after the Holocaust Memorial commemoration for pleading with attendees as they filed out of the hall not to let the Holocaust happen again.

He spoke out against the UK's asylum system which often sees those seeking asylum from genocide and persecution turned away. He named-and-shamed Tory leader Michael Howard who was in attendance for his party's election commitment to institute a quota system for the acceptance of those seeking asylum.

"'Never Again', today means not closing our doors to refugees fleeing persecution. Don't let Michael Howard dishonour the victims of the Holocaust with his quotas for asylum seekers. 'Never Again' means never again!" said Mr Tatchell

Mr Tatchell was arrested under the Contempt of Parliament Act which allows the police to detain him indefinitely - though it is expected that he will be released this evening.

The ceremony will be broadcast on BBC2 tonight at 7pm. The programme features horrific images of Nazi concentration camps and moving testimony from survivors, many of whom started a new life in the UK. However, as we remember those who died at the hands of the Nazis, today many asylum seekers await deportation back to the countries they have fled.

10. Aunty:

11. And not the first time either, this is 2001:

http://www.baywindows.com/news/2001/02/08/WorldNews/International.Briefs-36011.shtml

Seems like his interests at Memorial Day isn't neccesarily to do with remembering the events of the Holocaust but a chance to publicise whatever his current cause is. Tw@t.

12. quote]"'Never Again', today means not closing our doors to refugees fleeing persecution. Don't let Michael Howard dishonour the victims of the Holocaust with his quotas for asylum seekers. 'Never Again' means never again!" said Mr Tatchell [/quote]

So exactly what is Gaylord after? more servant boys? Prettier foot maids.

Amazing how a "campaigner" can liken the holocaust to "gay rights"

Fcuk him the shirt lifting cnut. If he has that much disrespect for the holocaust survivors that he feels that his plight is equivelant, maybe he should go and lie in a coffin sized box for 5 years with the constant threat of death hanging over him. I might listen to him then. Until then he is a bandwagon jumping cnut of the worst kind.

On the immigration front, Howard is right. What I can't understand (if I was a Politico) is this.

Howard is proposing the Australian system

Australia is an ally and a friendly country

Bliar (and his lying crony cnuts) have derided Howards proposals and accused him of being racist

WHY has no one on the Tory side challenged Billy Liar and said -

"We have viewed the rest of the civilised world, we have chosen the example of the Commonwealth member of Australia to copy. Is the Right Cnutable Fcukwittable member accusing Australia of being a racist country?"

13. He obviously did. Or like the rest of us, he remembered that Canada, Australia , South Africa , India and New Zealand did as well. In fact South Africa was the second "Allied" country to declare war on Germany. Sorry to be a pedant, and I'd have thought as a history buff, you might have remembered that Awol? :D

Thatchell is an attention seeking screaming Queen , and an absolute facista , when it comes to Homosexual 'rights' . But, who was it again, that made a bloody good noise (almost in isolation) about the Zimbabwe tour, when this Government stuck it's head in the sand? Who was it that got rolled in the gutter by Mugabe's goons? At least he had the b*lls to have a pop.Ok, it wasn't much of a pop , but damn me, he had a go.

Yes, he could have handled it better, especially as he was invited.Maybe one day Thatchell will realise that a little moderation in his old age might go a long way.

14. Only to be silent is wrong.

Beebs

15. Sorry PTP, but Canada, Australia , South Africa , India and New Zealand weren't threatened with invasion in 1940, we were. Despite the prospect of almost certain defeat we chose to fight, and it was that almost irrational decision that ultimately led to freedom for hundreds of millions of people..

The fact that Tatchell invited a punch on the nose in front of the world's cameras doesn't give him the right to violate something as sacrosanct as a Holocaust Memorial. The man's a ponce of the lowest order.