Hollywood Politics

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Lipo, Mar 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPo7_Ryhp0A

Matt Damon and Robert DeNiro discuss American politics.

As much as I admire their movies, I think they display a depressingly ambivalent attitude towards the military (ie "its complicated").

These two make me want to vomit.

2. Well, that makes three of you who make me want to vomit!

Haven't you got more thanks and arrse kissing to be doing to all your new slightly to the right of Gengis Khan buddys on here?

Tell me, how's going watching an administration die slowly from a self inflicted wound? At least you're not on your own, though the British Labour Party can usually manage on their own in that regard

3. Yes. I suppose I do.

I'm having a grand time. Thanks.

4. Lipo,

How do they display "a depressingly ambivalent attitude towards the military?''

5. When posed the question: "Would you go to war if you were asked?".

The response was: "its complex". That is a grotesque response. Absolutely revolting. It isn't complex.

These two jerks are not just talking about politics, they're pandering.

6. Why is it not complex? If it wasn't, the Iraq adventure would have been a foregone conclusion by now.

Baghdad would be a tourist spot. Oh, wait a minute. It was a tourist spot, before we moved in.

7. Because the question is so easy to answer.

It's either yes or no. These two jerks didn't want to answer, so they split the difference with "It's complex" and then proffered yet another Hollywood moronity about the military.

8. Which is? That we fecked up royally?

9. So then your be joining up soon and do some service not too mention going to war,

Lucky for you you have a choice of two! possible three if Bush keeps it up with iran then.

Be sure too left us know as soon as you have deployed.

10. That's why they weren't among my suggestions for future leaders in the middle east.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=61880.html

I think you'll find that it's the lack of facial hair that causes the problem.

Things have all gone to pot since the demise of Dave Lee Travis.......

11. Halo,

Been there done that and even with three deployments under my belt, I still do not understand why we got to this point. I humbly direct you to

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17773294/site/newsweek/

Peruse this news site carefully. It pulled a chord in the strings of my being.

12. Sorry DD i ment the O2 thief Lipo, i Know that you have been there, mucho sorries.

13. Mucho sorries accepted.

14. Your welcome Devil dog, so Lipo i refer you to my original question"your be joining up soon and do some service not too mention going to war,

Lucky for you you have a choice of two! possible three if Bush keeps it up with iran then.

Be sure too left us know as soon as you have deployed. "

15. Lipo, to be just a tad serious for a minute, why should we take actors' view on anything seriously?

They're not politicians, they're not experts in any way, so why should their opinions matter to anyone?

Back on topic again, do you think Willie Nelson could be a good future president of the US? He scores very highly on the beard index.