Hollywood Politics

Well, that makes three of you who make me want to vomit!

Haven't you got more thanks and arrse kissing to be doing to all your new slightly to the right of Gengis Khan buddys on here?

Tell me, how's going watching an administration die slowly from a self inflicted wound? At least you're not on your own, though the British Labour Party can usually manage on their own in that regard

Lipo

War Hero
Haven't you got more thanks and arrse kissing to be doing to all your new slightly to the right of Gengis Khan buddys on here?
Yes. I suppose I do.

Tell me, how's going watching an administration die slowly from a self inflicted wound? At least you're not on your own, though the British Labour Party can usually manage on their own in that regard
I'm having a grand time. Thanks.

Lipo,

How do they display "a depressingly ambivalent attitude towards the military?''

Lipo

War Hero
"How do they display "a depressingly ambivalent attitude towards the military?''
When posed the question: "Would you go to war if you were asked?".

The response was: "its complex". That is a grotesque response. Absolutely revolting. It isn't complex.

These two jerks are not just talking about politics, they're pandering.

Why is it not complex? If it wasn't, the Iraq adventure would have been a foregone conclusion by now.

Baghdad would be a tourist spot. Oh, wait a minute. It was a tourist spot, before we moved in.

Lipo

War Hero
"Why is it not complex?"
Because the question is so easy to answer.

It's either yes or no. These two jerks didn't want to answer, so they split the difference with "It's complex" and then proffered yet another Hollywood moronity about the military.

Which is? That we fecked up royally?

So then your be joining up soon and do some service not too mention going to war,

Lucky for you you have a choice of two! possible three if Bush keeps it up with iran then.

Be sure too left us know as soon as you have deployed.

Lipo said:
"Why is it not complex?"
Because the question is so easy to answer.

It's either yes or no. These two jerks didn't want to answer, so they split the difference with "It's complex" and then proffered yet another Hollywood moronity about the military.
That's why they weren't among my suggestions for future leaders in the middle east.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=61880.html

I think you'll find that it's the lack of facial hair that causes the problem.

Things have all gone to pot since the demise of Dave Lee Travis.......

Halo,

Been there done that and even with three deployments under my belt, I still do not understand why we got to this point. I humbly direct you to

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17773294/site/newsweek/

April 2, 2007 Issue - He was exhausted, but he wanted to talk to his daughter, and the only way to do that in Fallujah was to write a letter. "This war is not like the big war—there are no big sweeping maneuvers with hundreds of tanks pouring over the border and so forth," Army Maj. Michael Mundell told his 17-year-old, Erica (nicknamed "Eddie"), on Friday, Oct. 27, 2006. "It's a fight of 10 man squads in the dark, of ambushes and snipers and IEDs. When I go out to fight, it's usually with less than 20 men ... And I go out to fight almost every day."

The pace, he admitted, was punishing.

"We are weary, Eddie, so very weary. I can't tell you how bone tired I am. There are times when we get back in and ... it is all I can do to drag myself from the truck and stagger up here to take off all the junk I gotta wear ... " His tone briefly brightened as he thought of Erica's life back home, where she was a senior at Meade County High School in Brandenburg, Ky.: "Tell all of your friends and your teachers that I said hello from Fallujah. I am doing well and our battalion is considered the best in the brigade. We are fighting the enemy and hopefully winning, though that is difficult to measure." He signed off with a pledge: "Never forget that your daddy loves you more than anything and that I will be home soon." Mundell could not keep that last promise. At a quarter to 2 on the afternoon of Friday, Jan. 5, 2007, he was killed by an IED while on patrol in Fallujah; the casket was closed at his funeral in Kentucky.

Peruse this news site carefully. It pulled a chord in the strings of my being.

Mucho sorries accepted.

Your welcome Devil dog, so Lipo i refer you to my original question"your be joining up soon and do some service not too mention going to war,

Lucky for you you have a choice of two! possible three if Bush keeps it up with iran then.

Be sure too left us know as soon as you have deployed. "

Lipo, to be just a tad serious for a minute, why should we take actors' view on anything seriously?

They're not politicians, they're not experts in any way, so why should their opinions matter to anyone?

Back on topic again, do you think Willie Nelson could be a good future president of the US? He scores very highly on the beard index.

Lipo said:
"How do they display "a depressingly ambivalent attitude towards the military?''
When posed the question: "Would you go to war if you were asked?".

The response was: "its complex". That is a grotesque response. Absolutely revolting. It isn't complex.

These two jerks are not just talking about politics, they're pandering.
Lipo said:
I've never served in the armed forces.
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=61805/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=135.html

Then who the fcuk are you to judge them?

The World is complex- what a shocker. :roll:

Tartan_Terrier,

Dubya scores very highly on the moron index and yet he became president. I think Willie has a decent chance.

Devil_Dog said:
Tartan_Terrier,

Dubya scores very highly on the moron index and yet he became president. I think Willie has a decent chance.
George has a disturbing lack of facial hair, as has Tony for that matter.

Jeremy Beadle would be my choice as the next Prime Minister in the UK, if nothing else he's game for a laugh......

Hey if its beard Indexing We have too go with those boys from ZZtops surely, good beards and perfect music for top down driving in the summer

halo_jones said:
Hey if its beard Indexing We have too go with those boys from ZZtops surely, good beards and perfect music for top down driving in the summer
Sorry Halo, if you read the thread I linked to earlier you'd see that I've earmarked ZZ-Top as the future leaders of Iran.

As a slight aside, do you often drive with your top down in the summer?

It sounds quite enchanting.