Hollywood at its best or maybe not Stealth Hawk on display

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Isn't that the "stealthed up" blackhawk that Seal team 6 used?
...wrong intakes? Looks like a helicopter that's been somehow given the cosmetic 'F-117' treatment. Pictures/impressions of the 'Stealth Blackhawk' are a lot sleeker... as are later generations of stealth aircraft than the F-117.

[Of course, somewhere out there there's One Who Knows...]

I would place money on it being a film prop. 4x fixed guns (.50 cal at the most) in the nose aint exactly an act of war in a helicopter and if you are that close that you need to point the aircraft at the target, sort of defeats any sort of 'stealthiness' designed in to the platform. Main rotor blades look similar sized to Blackhawk (but this one looks like it could have 5 blades) so the prop may have been based around one.

P

PrinceAlbert

I would place money on it being a film prop. 4x fixed guns (.50 cal at the most) in the nose aint exactly an act of war in a helicopter..............(but this one looks like it could have 5 blades) so the prop may have been based around one.
I'd go with that.

I would place money on it being a film prop. 4x fixed guns (.50 cal at the most) in the nose aint exactly an act of war in a helicopter and if you are that close that you need to point the aircraft at the target, sort of defeats any sort of 'stealthiness' designed in to the platform. Main rotor blades look similar sized to Blackhawk (but this one looks like it could have 5 blades) so the prop may have been based around one.
...with Hollywood confusing .50 cal barrels for air data sensors?

...with Hollywood confusing .50 cal barrels for air data sensors?
Naaa, they just think they look 'ally' with little regard for the science behind making a mock-up convincing. The film will be aimed towards your average red-neck, pick-up driving, gun toting all-Umerikan brain donor..... 'How the USofA saved the world (with little commentary on how they fucked it up in the first place).'

Latest Threads