Hollyoaks Josh Wearing 2s Jacket: Discuss

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheKnave, Nov 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just caught up with one of my favourite programmes - Hollyoaks Later broadcast 27 Nov 08 at 2200 on e4- and saw that the young fella who plays guitar in a band wearing a 2s jacket.

After the University Challenge punk wannabe and the various people I see round town doing a similar thing, this really narked me so I have sent a complaint to OfCom. I will post any repilies I receive here.

Its not really the rank badges, qualification badges etc that bothers me but regimental buttons and insignia and medal ribbon.

How long before Joe Civvie and his mates start wearing VC, GC, MC, MM or anything else they think looks pretty/shiny/cool?

Can anyone confirm wether wearing insignia not entitled is against the law like impersonating a policeman? I heard a story of a young lad being charged for wearing Jubilee Medal when it came to light that he had missed the qualifying period by 2 weeks.

Right thats it before this becomes an essay.

2. Here is the gimp

Attached Files:

3. So you readily admit to watching Hollyoaks when Highlander is on ITV 4?

You poof.

4. Civvies are free to wear whatever military kit they like there is no law against it.
    Whoever the young lad was he never would have been issued a jubilee medal unless he was entitled to wear it. Civvie authorities couldn't have charged him anyway.
    The bloke in Hollyoaks is not a walt because hes not pretending to be in the armed forces.
    Joe Civvie tends to were lots of fanny-magnets around remembrance.
    What have you complained to Ofcom about? Students really do wear that kind of thing.
    Have you been drinking before posting?

5. Jesus f uckng christ,have a word with yourself mate.

6. If they weren't allowed to wear Army surplus why would MoD allow it to be sold?

You won't see a student wearing a coppers tunic though :D

7. just a small point, He didn't say it was civvy authorities, he said charged - as in 252? - the guy could have been pulled on a parade wearing a gong he hadn't qualified for

8. I've seen a student wearing a coppers tunic... then whipping it off to preform a rather erotic dance with the stag night hero.

9. I've got highlander on DVD and you obviously have not seen the women in Hollyoaks

10. This is how it was described to me. Issued then taken away. Told he knew the periods as they had been on orders and 252 submitted

11. [quote="stacker1Civvies are free to wear whatever military kit they like there is no law against it.
    Whoever the young lad was he never would have been issued a jubilee medal unless he was entitled to wear it. Civvie authorities couldn't have charged him anyway.
    The bloke in Hollyoaks is not a walt because hes not pretending to be in the armed forces.
    Joe Civvie tends to were lots of fanny-magnets around remembrance.
    What have you complained to Ofcom about? Students really do wear that kind of thing.
    Have you been drinking before posting?[/quote]

Nothing against wearing mil kit. Smocks are good to use for what they where designed for. Denims are hardwearing and good on the allotment. Medal ribbons, rank, regimental insignia and qualification badges when not earned is pretending to be something your not.

I have complained to OfCom about a programme which has a target audience of young, impressionable minds being told it is ok to wear military insignia and medal ribbons.

12. Why on earth would I want to look at the women in Hollyoaks?

Oh great, another one who does his research...........

[​IMG]

This is me looking my best.

13. To Ali_Gee he was refering to the wearing insignia that you are not entitled to being against the law, What squaddie do is completly different yes if I tripped up with a VC on my chest the RSM may well have
    something to say about it but this is about civvie walts apparently, It fairly logical that if you are in the army and you are deliberatly wearing false decorations you are going to get a boot up the arse.

To the knave, Despite what I wrote above I doubt very much anyone (in the armed forces)who was officially awarded something then got charged because the army made a mistake. He would of had to have signed for his medal not buy it of flea-bay.

14. Holy f uck,everyones at it.

Attached Files:

15. Be careful Rudie, because this is a lethal weapon:

[​IMG]