Holidays4heroes

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Jan 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

After a damn good Chrimbo campaign, the holiday season is looming.

We've managed to blag about 18 weeks in Le Torre, 6 in Cyprus, and 10 in Tenerife, Bordeaux and other locations.

We have a back log of injured servicemen and Widows and families of the fallen also.

This is an on going plea for loose change, fund raising events, bright ideas, cold hard wedge etc.

I have two parties needing to travel at specific times due to ongoing treatment and rehab, and onother Widow and Mother who need to be back by a certain date in order that they can attend the inquest.

PM any bright ideas and please lob a couple of quid where you can.

Paypal: info@holidays4heroes.org

HSBC:
    Sort code: 40-12-09
    Acct No: 41416081

Holidays4heroes.

2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

1. Bump.
    Seriously folks, Hols4H can save a fortune by booking at this time of year. The nearer to the departure date, the more it costs.
    Oh, he didn't mention that there's nothing in the bank ... we don't hold money, we spend it on looking after the mates/families.

2. Thread noted and being tracked, Mein Hamster-Fuhrer.

3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I was approached yesterday by a charitable endeavour with cash to spend & pointed them in your direction. Did they ever get in touch?

4. The very nice chaps from St Bees RNLI are putting in what they would have spent on "Secret Santa". Hopefully it will go to a deserving case. My brother is trying to get the local press involved as well. I didn't even have to bully the 6 foot 4 lanky streak of piss ex-KORBR minger.

Mebbe if there is any kids in the area (big kids included), I could ask him to take them out on his trattor and boart. Just let me know. I doubt they'd want a tour of Sellafield, which was my second option.

Oh, and (showing my age now), we are members of English Heritage so can take up to (I think) 4 kids into any English Heritage attraction for free. Obviously, my nearest one is Richmond Castle, so I'm up for that (and they let stinky ginger pirate dogs in as well).

Love to the hamsters xxxx

5. Have passed on some ideas already but not heard owt. If you want my help let me know and I'll do what I can.

6. blue-sophist

Broad terms ... no disrespect to the Boss at all, but an observation.
    So many messages arrive at HQ Hols4H I have no idea how he copes ... apart from working into the small hours of the morning, as I know he does.
    Things fall through the cracks, inevitably. If there's a SERIOUS goodie going, please re-transmit.

Just please don't ask him to do more than he's already doing ... if you can do it yourself [in the nicest way] that will be a real help.

7. Is that Le Torre in France or Spain?

8. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Make that 20 weeks now Chris

9. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

10. Was sent to Slingsby, and just needed to be given info and contacts. Can resend if needed.

11. blue-sophist

Sh1t ... I'm sure I forwarded that, which is the point I'm making.
    Retransmit to The Man at info@holidays4heroes.org please ... the Bears are lovely, but that's really all they do.

12. Wonga on the way as I got my expenses

13. Just spoken to Toppers, the holiday to Spanish Dave's place wot I wun is up for offer agaiin. My step-dad (the cunt) has got a place in Malta and some very nice chap has also offered us a place at his villa in Florida (You know who you are), so we are not short of places to stay when we need our hollibobs.

Oh, and I doubt I will get married before July (or ever again), so that voucher worth £150 towards a wedding dress is up for offer also. I'm keeping the tiara though. I'm a fucking princess don't you know.......

14. We were all looking forward to that holiday, so some bugger best bid lots for it!

15. Right, paid up for the bayonet this morning, rounded it up to £100 so the extra £40 can go here.