Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Spanish_Dave, Jan 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Hi all,

As you can imagine we are already busy in 2010, we have a family returning from holiday tomorrow, we have families already booked, recent developments include a group of mums who have lost their men who would like a holiday with their kids together to offer mutual support.

We have an offer of barge holidays within the EU, we have an exciting offer for the Open Golf Championship will take place this year in St Andrews (Thursday 15th to Sunday 18th July 2010)more details to follow.

There is also an offer which is in its infancy at present which may be a fantastic opening for us, watch this space.

2. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Sounds like another busy year, Dave.

I'm sure it's been said before but a big THANK YOU for all you do for Hols4H.

(Without you to spend all the money, what would we do with all the time we spend raising it? ;-) )
  3. Sounds like you're hard at it Dave despite war wounds over Christmas!
  4. Good effort this needs stickying and where do we vote Spanish_Dave to receive an MBE ahead of the average dustbin man or darts playing so called sportsperson?!

Well done everyone on the massive support for Hols 4 Heroes, here's to another year of helping the families of heroes...
  5. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Just to start the new year with a hand out to attempt to blag anything left over from the festivities.....

Our homeless loggy enjoyed his stay courtesey of an onside BnB, he is in there for another 4 days now we have found him a place to stay.

RBL supplied white and brown goods, am just squaring away a bond and some rent if anyone has a couple of quid spare.

Three more welfare cases on the go, one a result of pretty shitty domestic troubles caused by exposure to nasty stuff in Afgan, the wife and kids have had a royal filling in and have voluntarily made themselves homeless rather than go home.... Apols for lack of sitreps and updates over past two weeks, its not been chrimbo for everyone.

Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

Oh yeah.......

Terminally ill soldier and family, I've promised them a holiday but the clock is ticking, got to cover passport applications, flights and a motor. Dave has blagged accomodation he just doesn't know I've filled it yet :D

Help us send this bloke away for the last time with his family..... He won't see next Christmas with them
  6. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Chris, dont forget the mum with 4 kids, we need to support them too
  7. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

They don't go for a few weeks yet, I'll crank that one open at the end of the month.
  8. Judging by the amount of 'It'll all be over by Christmas' auction items still sat in my dining room awaiting posting, I would think there is still a fair few quid waiting to be paid for items people have won.

C'mon folks, you bid, you win, you pay ! Not Difficult. :roll:

If you can't now afford it (happens to us all now and again), then let the girls know and they can re-auction it. MDN, on the other hand, will attend your H/A and administer anal punishment! :twisted:
  9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Don't say that, MM. They might like to be punished by MDN!

Seriously though, please let us know where to send the remaining auction items, or let us know they aren't wanted. The next set of auctions can accommodate them, plus any unwanted Christmas Presents you may have, and anything you'd like to donate.

(Girls! That made me smile......)
  10. £345 coming in today from the last of the Hotel Raffles.

Will restart again in March.

MM :D
  11. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Pennies sent, well my cake and chocolate allowance this month so quite a few lol
  12. Still Christmas Auction items awaiting payment....................bump
  13. Sgt.Slingsby

Sgt.Slingsby War Hero Good Egg (charities)

The Bears are on standby awaiting tasking to raise more funds and awareness. I would have thought there were plenty of places with a Regtl Museum, a decent Tank park, and things like that where they could visit.

Attached Files:

14. Grownup_Rafbrat

CG your bears are in my desk in Hook. Which I've been unable to reach for over a week now. Next week, maybe I'll deliver them to you, and buy you a coffee, but no cake or chocolate!
  15. Grownup_Rafbrat

What fab people. Superstars all!